Good book for pimping/general intro to neurosurgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

basupran

ortho, study, cars, lift
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My attendings are pimping my butt off and I can't seem to answer the questions. I need to brush up on my neuroanatomy and neuroscience. Any suggestions for a future orthopod looking to do well during his neurosurgery rotation? I am looking for a relatively thin pocket book supplemented by textbooks.

Members don't see this ad.

Essential Neurosurgery by Andrew H. Kaye is a great introduction to neurosurgery. (not extremely thin). A preview of the book i available using the Google Search Book project.

/Dr Horsley

I highly recommend Head and Neuroanatomy, part of the Thieme Atlas of Anatomy Series, to brush up on your neuroanatomy. The illustrations are flawless.

[I of course, am not even in medical school, but I do research in neurobiology and this atlas is far and away my favorite resource when it comes to neuroanatomy atlases]

Members don't see this ad :)
Handbook of Neurosurgery, Greenberg, M. S., Thieme Medical Publishers, New York.
Great book, contains almost all important points of each case, easy to carry.
Hope it helps.

Handbook of Neurosurgery, Greenberg, M. S., Thieme Medical Publishers, New York.
Great book, contains almost all important points of each case, easy to carry.
Hope it helps.

:thumbup:
Best "review" by my account...