BOTH Goljian Audio vs Rapid Review Path

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PIacebo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Would you say one was better than the other in terms of helping with path? (Am already using pathoma).

Members don't see this ad.

I don't understand how the two are comparable. One is like 125 pages of info and the other is like 800.

I listen to the audio in my commute, sometimes his integrations or stories help me remember some things. But that's the only time I listen to it, since I can't read while driving :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
^And one is years out of date.
Tbh, personally I don't think this makes it any less accurate for like 95% of the audio lectures I would say are perfect even for today (the pathophysiology for most things have not changed). However there are a few things that are considered "wrong" in terms of current times, but I think that if you have not been in a coma for the first 2 years of med school, you'll pick these out (e.g. Using troponin I for MI dx and CK MB for reinfarction instead of what Goljan says because troponin test was not as well established back then in literature/journals.).

Reactions: 1 users
Tbh, personally I don't think this makes it any less accurate for like 95% of the audio lectures I would say are perfect even for today (the pathophysiology for most things have not changed). However there are a few things that are considered "wrong" in terms of current times, but I think that if you have not been in a coma for the first 2 years of med school, you'll pick these out (e.g. Using troponin I for MI dx and CK MB for reinfarction instead of what Goljan says because troponin test was not as well established back then in literature/journals.).
Lol I remember his whole "this new troponin serum test is never going to replace CK-MB" rant.

Reactions: 1 user