Going for Uro..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HerpeDerp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just wanted to get some opinions as many other people do as well.

I'm am M3 about halfway through the third year, and currently hoping to wind up in Urology. I go to a state school in the southeast and my stats are basically as follows.

Step 1: 245
M3 Grades: A's in OB/Psych/Medicine, others not completed yet
M1/M2 Grades: All A's except for a single B in one block.
Research: 2 non first author pubs from undergrad as well as 3 poster presentations from undergrad. Surgery project between M1/M2 with nothing resulting from it yet. Currently finishing up my first Urology project, and it looks like I will have the chance to be included on more in the near future. Hoping to get at least one publication and a couple posters from this research.

Too early to know whether or not I will qualify for AOA.

Additionally, we have a program for Urology where I'm at for school, and have met with the program director before to discuss my interests, so while I haven't done an elective yet, he knows who I am.

I just kinda want to get an idea of from other people as to where I stand as far as applying next year, and what I need to do differently or whatnot. I hope to continue doing well on rotations, but that is yet to be seen; additionally, also try to get more research but that is also not a guarantee. I plan to delay my last core rotation and do a home urology rotation in March as well as a couple aways shortly after.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I appreciate any input people might have.

Members don't see this ad.

Network with program directors. Everything else seems to be about right.