German Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EgyptianDoctorGad

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey , can I go to a German medical school after only one year of undergrad?

Members don't see this ad.

You can go to Russian right after high school for free (or something like 1k per year), they even have quotas for international students (usually for Africans, which is a part of old USSR agreement since they accept Russian-trained doctors). But if your goal is practicing medicine in the US, then you should go to American one. If you just live in Germany and curious about the schools there - then this is the wrong place to ask, here we discuss only North America's schools.

Reactions: 1 user
German citizen here. :)
You need to be fluent in German C1 and pass the official test to even be considered. Go search the website "anabin study in Germany" to learn more about the other requirements.

Hello, maybe I can ask you a question. I am a medical student in the United States, I will be starting my 2nd year (of 4 total for a US MD). My fiancé is from Eastern Europe and was applying to have her nursing license accepted in Germany and the US and it appears that the Germany route will be quickest for her. (Maybe as soon as next year). Now I have been looking into possibly doing residency in Germany after my 4th year (a possibility, not for certain) but it just came to me that maybe I could transfer to a German medical school...I understand that B2/C1 requirements must be met...but would it be possible to transfer from US-> Germany ? And secondly, would you happen to know what year I may be placed in? In the US , years 3 & 4 are all clinical years.
Danke in advance!