Georgetown Gems program partial to Non trads..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AUS4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Non Traditional URM(38) finishing up undergrad in 2010 and have interest in program or is it geared toward the traditional student <25?

Members don't see this ad.

Non Traditional URM(38) finishing up undergrad in 2010 and have interest in program or is it geared toward the traditional student <25?

The oldest GEMS student that I know of, was early 30s. That's not to say that there are none over this age but I personally don't know any. You might contact the program directly and see what they say. I know that they are very amenable to answering questions about their program. Good luck!

Also, keep in mind that there are other great programs out there that are similar to GEMS that are not hooked to Georgetown med (expensive medical school). Check some of those out too. Go to the AMCAS website and look up post bacc programs where you can screen for minority-centered post baccs.

GEMS is certainly not biased about the age of its applicants. as long as you meet the socioeconomic and educational requirements you should be ok to go ahead and apply.