General consensus on the weight of Casper

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YodaPineapple

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
None at all.
curious, what about an application (LM score 69) with a 4th quartile on casper?

is casper something that is negligible for both a really solid and really mediocre application?
or something that can help boost a somewhat medium ish app if scored really high?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
curious, what about an application (LM score 69) with a 4th quartile on casper?

is casper something that is negligible for both a really solid and really mediocre application?
or something that can help boost a somewhat medium ish app if scored really high?
I don't know anyone in the "admissions community" who can answer how SJT's are generally used.
They usually can't answer how they are used at their own school!

Mods: You can move this thread to the Casper/SJT forum if you feel it is appropriate.

As far as I know, there is no general consensus. Many of the schools that use Casper do not communicate with each other on how they use Casper (in confidence), and most adcom faculty probably don't know unless they have a role in the policy that sets up our rubrics to make decisions.

As someone who has used Casper scores in admissions decisions before, all I can say here is (to tow the party line) it is one facet of a multifactorial set of data that informs decision-making. Many others have some case studies showing the value of Casper scores (Case Studies Archives), but this may not apply to every school and every curriculum.

I think its more a Canadian thing than US cause I see people saying how they have gotten in the US schools with low Caspers but in Canada its an annoying add-on that we have to do every year.