Other Gap in training

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pgtips

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is probably late but i would love to hear your thoughts,

I have applied to residency training, Im an FMG with UK post grad training in top hospitals, step 1 240+
I have taken a gap in practice between '13 -now as I was diagnoses with a chronic illness that required treatment
with immunosupressants and steroids, things under control now and I am sitting my CK soon
I have received a couple of interviews so far, I am sure a huge reason would be the pending CK results
The issue that is worrying me is that I haven't explained this gap anywhere, the slot that was provided seemed like it was asking about medical years training gaps, I have asked around and that is what everybody seemed to think ,
should I email the programs explaining this gap withthe medical issues resolved or how should i go about it ? I am worried that this silence is rather hurting my chances

Members don't see this ad.

All gaps starting from day 1 of your medical education, including those in practice, must be accounted for in the US. You have nothing to lose noting the reason and expect that you will be asked about it for the rest of your career.

Reactions: 1 user
Winged Scapula thanks for replying, yeah it makes alot of sense, I will be sending some emails this afternoon then . Best

Reactions: 1 user