Functions of SNMA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctaJay

bone breaker
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I plan on reviving our SNMA chapter here at LLU, but since its been dead for so long, I have no idea what SNMA chapters actually do at their respective medical schools. For those who are part of SNMA at their medical school, what activities did you do?

Members don't see this ad.

Oh wow...I applaud your initiative but you have a lot of work ahead of you...try snma.org for starters, find info for your region director and email her or him for all the forms and info u need to be a registered chapter. They will most likely tell you about all the pipeline programs-YSEP, HPREP and MAPS, and what the protocols are for running those programs. They are science/ med school prep outreach programs for elementary school, high school, and colleges respectively. Is there another school close by with a snma that can help you along? National conference is in march-that would also be beneficial if you can make it-hope this helps...let me know how it turns out!

Oh wow...I applaud your initiative but you have a lot of work ahead of you...try snma.org for starters, find info for your region director and email her or him for all the forms and info u need to be a registered chapter. They will most likely tell you about all the pipeline programs-YSEP, HPREP and MAPS, and what the protocols are for running those programs. They are science/ med school prep outreach programs for elementary school, high school, and colleges respectively. Is there another school close by with a snma that can help you along? National conference is in march-that would also be beneficial if you can make it-hope this helps...let me know how it turns out!

Took the words right from my mouth :thumbup: Maryland has quite an active chapter, board meetings are run once a month, and general body meetings also once a month. In addition to the pipeline programs, we do events like a welcome for the students/parents at the white coat ceremony, community events promoting health screenings for the underserved, a graduation event for the outgoing seniors...there's quite a few other things but I unfortunately cant remember right now. I can also put you up with our chapter president if you'd like, I feel like SNMA is a great organization. I didn't join any black student organizations in undergrad because I felt like they were all talk and no action, and SNMA is nothing like that, its a great organization. Good luck!