Formal title for Med-Peds

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NashvilleWill14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was giving my personal statement for ERAS a final look this afternoon and realized I may not be referring to my chosen field correctly. If I were applying to peds programs, I think I would write "Pediatrics" out, but it sure wastes a lot of space to do that for Med-Peds.

Is "Med-Peds" an appropriate title to use in a formal document like a personal statement, or should I go for "Med/Peds" (as I have seen on the SDN forums) or even the ultimate "a combined residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics"?

Just wanted to make sure before I submitted it in a couple days. Thanks folks!

Members don't see this ad.

So I was giving my personal statement for ERAS a final look this afternoon and realized I may not be referring to my chosen field correctly. If I were applying to peds programs, I think I would write "Pediatrics" out, but it sure wastes a lot of space to do that for Med-Peds.

Is "Med-Peds" an appropriate title to use in a formal document like a personal statement, or should I go for "Med/Peds" (as I have seen on the SDN forums) or even the ultimate "a combined residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics"?

Just wanted to make sure before I submitted it in a couple days. Thanks folks!

Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about it - whether you use Med-Peds, Med/Peds, or go formal with "Combined Residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics". Focus on the content of the personal statement. Make sure there are no glaring spelling errors, or grammatical mistakes (e.g., using text messaging lingo instead of standardized english )

Thank you for the advice... Med-Peds it is.

And I'll steer clear of the LOLZ.