Foreign Pharmacist seeking guidance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

java2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a foreign pharmacist. I have graduated with B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy) degree from India and want to obtain a license in US. I checked NABP's website but it seems like I may not eligible for FPGEE examination as it requires 5 years of curriculum for applicants graduating after 2003 and I had 4 years of curriculum. I inquired with NC state board of pharmacy and they informed me to acquire a B.S or Pharm.D degree and then apply for the NC licensure examination. Can anybody who graduated from outside US after 2003 please guide me how should I go about finishing school/acquire license as quickly as I can?

Members don't see this ad.

Some universities offer programs for foreign pharmacists to get a PharmD in 2.5-3 years. You should then be able to take the board exams and obtain a license when you graduate.

Have a look at the universities listed on this website:
http://www.aacp.org/site/page.asp?TRACKID=&VID=1&CID=251&DID=3299

Another university not listed there is Western University of Health Sciences.

I am a foreign pharmacist. I have graduated with B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy) degree from India and want to obtain a license in US. I checked NABP's website but it seems like I may not eligible for FPGEE examination as it requires 5 years of curriculum for applicants graduating after 2003 and I had 4 years of curriculum. I inquired with NC state board of pharmacy and they informed me to acquire a B.S or Pharm.D degree and then apply for the NC licensure examination. Can anybody who graduated from outside US after 2003 please guide me how should I go about finishing school/acquire license as quickly as I can?

Foreign graduates after 2003 is not eligible to take FPGE or boards here in US. If you want to practice as a pharmacist, have to study PharmD . But can work in industry if you have right visa status or if you are a resident.
There are couple universities which offer 3 years accelerated programs (Univ of Florida, MCPHS-worcester/manchester, Albany univ). But again you have to take some pre-requisite courses before the schools even consider your application. Talk to the schools, you be getting more info.