For you Dead Fans out there...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey @thegenius , you’ll like this

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
By the way, 8/25/72 Truckin'>TOO is excellent. The Bird Song from that show is sublime, and Jerry plays a very interesting solo on Cold Rain and Snow. Subtle, but unique. The whole show is peak.

@thegenius

PS: The first song Bob Weir ever wrote: The Other One.

@thegenius

Watching The Other One: The Long Strange Trip of Bob Weir on Netflix. Good stuff.

Listening to 10/1/94 Boston. It's a rare, excellent mid-'90s show. Jerry sounds sharp and in control, perhaps even sober?

I've spent a considerable amount of time recently watching and listening to Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Megadeth.
I'm even going to see an all female Iron Maiden cover band in Sacramento in a few weeks. They are call the "Iron Maidens" LOL

I've spent a considerable amount of time recently watching and listening to Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Megadeth.
I'm even going to see an all female Iron Maiden cover band in Sacramento in a few weeks. They are call the "Iron Maidens" LOL
Ha! That would be incredible. I'm sure a woman on vocals could nail those Bruce-like screams! Maiden is great.

I was just reminiscing about seeing Metallica in Detroit in '89 and it was still, to this day, one of the best, if not the best concert I've ever been to. Can't f-ing believe my parents let me go alone with pals at 16. The Cult opened, too, which was one of my faves at the time also. Went to see Crue around the same time also and also got trampled! Another incredible show that I was able to find grainy Youtube video of. I've never seen Megadeth live, but they definitely have some good stuff.

Great times.

Haven't listened to the Dead in over two months. Decided to pull out the wireless bluetooth speaker at work tonight. Put on the good old' standby Scarlet > Fire from 5/8/77. It's well trodded and it's one of the best. It's like the good old time familiar and I wanted to go with it, instead of an esoteric TOO from '73.

It's so good. That Fire just rips at the end. It's so smooth. it's not bitter or chunky. It goes down smooth and it has lovely, long lasting notes. Simply fabulous.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven't listened to the Dead in over two months. Decided to pull out the wireless bluetooth speaker at work tonight. Put on the good old' standby Scarlet > Fire from 5/8/77. It's well trodded and it's one of the best. It's like the good old time familiar and I wanted to go with it, instead of an esoteric TOO from '73.

It's so good. That Fire just rips at the end. It's so smooth. it's not bitter or chunky. It goes down smooth and it has lovely, long lasting notes. Simply fabulous.
Yessss…Good stuff. One of my favorite Scarlet/Fires ever, I think. I’m at work chillin’ with some Dylan, but you inspired me to switch to the Dead. Pacific ‘73-‘74, here we go.

Do they show old Dead shows or Dead and Company shows? Because if it's rare and old Dead, I'm there.
It’s a new concert venue. Whole inside is LCD panels. U2 is finishing a residency there, I went in December. It was awesome. I imagine those indulging in psychedelics while watching Dead & Co will enjoy it immensely. Even those who don’t lol.
5734C628-1926-4F3D-9DBF-F5000C8A9F08.jpeg

Attachments

• 1652907D-9FC4-4D1E-ACD7-AD3928B0FDEE.jpeg
    1652907D-9FC4-4D1E-ACD7-AD3928B0FDEE.jpeg
    313.7 KB · Views: 10
I imagine those indulging in psychedelics while watching Dead & Co will enjoy it immensely. Even those who don’t lol.
Or they'll really not like it. My local tertiary care center where I trained has a contract with some of the area venues to provide medical coverage at events. Senior residents and attendings can offer to cover shows for around $100/hr. Usually it's pretty chill, you get to watch the show and rarely go and see some minor MSK injury or the occasional drunk in the clinic they set up.

Dead and co? It was a complete s***show. There were dozens of 50-70 yr olds that decided to re-live their old deadhead days and drop however much LSD they remembered doing back in the day. Dozens were sent to the mothership for psych evals or sobriety holds because they were tripping their faces off and babbling incoherent messes.

I thankfully wasn't there for that one, but it sounded rather terrible. That said, I suspect the LV ER and area venues are well equipped for this kind of thing.

• Haha