For U.S. citizens going to/attending Flinders

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jasminegab

psych student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
This post is for any US citizen accepted to Flinders or attending Flinders.

As I noted on previous post, I have take great interest in Flinders Medical School and have sense turned down my offer to SLSOM to better my chances of getting into a US med school or as a last resort Flinders or perhaps a canadian medical school.

My question is that I know that Flinders has an annum tuition for US citizens. I also understand that they offer US citizens Federal Aid. However, is this Federal Aid enough to cover the full expense of tuition? If is it not, tell me please how are you funding your education aside from Federal Aid such as Terri Loans, MedAchievers, ect.

Thanks,

Jasmine

Members don't see this ad.

It certainly depends on the exchange rate, but in general (and given the current rate of exchange) the US government Stafford Loans are not enough to cover tuition, let alone living expenses.

At last check, the max you could get with a Stafford annually was $18,500 - after deductions you take home about $17,000 or so. With Flinders tuition $30K AUD (or more), you'd be cutting it close even if the exchange rate were 2:1. Most people I knew financed the extra funds with either loans from ISLIP/Teri, Bank of America or family funds.