For those of you matched from Temple or Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stroszeck

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which school would you recommend a student interested in specializing to attend? I'm not sure about post- DDS education and was wondering how you guys, graduates and present residents, would shed some light on this decision for me.

Temple and Loma Linda BOTH boast very high match rates (Temple states "90%") but how did y'all fare?

Members don't see this ad.

-GPA/Rank (On the whole, Temple is not as competitive as other "specialty" schools but top 10/125 will still take considerable dedication)
-NBDEI (up to you...we had plenty of people score in the 90's)
-Research (advantage Loma Linda...not much going on in that department)
-Externships (up to you)
-Extracurricular (up to you)

If you want to specialize, you're going to play the game anywhere you go...getting that top 10 spot is gonna be tough no matter where you end up...the determining factor is how bad you want it. I think there are many other factors you should be concentrating on at this point.

Stroszeck said:
Which school would you recommend a student interested in specializing to attend? I'm not sure about post- DDS education and was wondering how you guys, graduates and present residents, would shed some light on this decision for me.

Temple and Loma Linda BOTH boast very high match rates (Temple states "90%") but how did y'all fare?

Temple was 4 for 5 this year for ortho.
One at Temple, One at Nebraska, One at St. Louis, One at Montfiore (NY) and one girl didn't match I think, but I don't know how serious she was about the whole ortho thing. So 4 for 4 for the serious folks.