for all of those who have already taken USMLE step 2 CK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

imtiaz

i cant translate stupid
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
please only vote in the poll if youve taken step2 CK.

Members don't see this ad.

imtiaz said:
please only vote in the poll if youve taken step2 CK.

the best questions that mimic Step 2CK were the 2 online NBME exams that you can take for 45 bucks. had several repeats on my exam.

later

imtiaz said:
i know more than 3 people have taken step2 ck. come on guys.

You're assuming everyone uses Kaplan to study for the CK. I used 2 review books and the 150 released questions and felt the test went fine. A good, cheap indicator of how you'll do on the real thing is your performance on the clerkship NBMEs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Compare the means and SDs between the shelf exams and Step 2. If you're scoring around one SD above the mean on most of your NBMEs, it's probably safe to say you'll score at least around one SD above the mean on the CK.

the mean/SD varies from subject to subject though? (at least in my testing group it did). i remember last year after we took the comprehensive preclinical exam from the NBME they gave us a sheet to convert our raw score to approx step 1 score. does anyone have that sheet still? i know that raw score and percentage are two different things, but i think its safe to say that they at least (for practical purposes) correlate.

dude... calm down. step 2 ck is not the same KY-deficient rectal exam as step 1... if you've been doing well on the shelf exams, and have been refreshing your learning from earlier clerkships you'll do ok.

step 2, imho, is more about the practical application of basic science principles to patient presentation (step 1 - do you know it?, step 2 - do you know how it will appear clinically?, step 3 - can you manage it?).... being from rockford, you've got a bonus year of clinical experience.

stop freaking out.

-t,md

ps - i recommend knowing your IM cold... like everything NBME, this exam is heavily medicine (and the IM principles can help you pull responses out of your @$$.)