This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone happen to know when the University of Miami will be letting interviewees know of their status? Or when they got back to everyone last year? Really hoping to find out before other deposit deadlines. Any information would be awesome!
I found this thread so never mind. Thank you!

UM DPT Class of 2022 Acceptance

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some encouragement for those of you who may not have the best stats. My GPA wasn't as strong as I would have liked and the Verbal portion of my GRE was below the recommended score. I think what really helped me was the personal statement as well as the individual essays each school required.

University:
Florida International University
Major: Nutrition Science
Overall GPA: 3.35
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.7
GRE: Verbal: 146, Quant: 152, Writing: 4.0

Extra-Curric: Water Safety Instructor, Lifeguard

Volunteer: Anatomy Lab Learning Assistant

Observation: 500+ hours as an aide and volunteer

Applied: Florida International University, NOVA Southeastern University (Ft.Lauderdale campus), University of Miami, University of St. Augustine (Miami campus)

Interviews: University of St. Augustine (12/7)

Rejections: University of Miami

Waitlisted:
NOVA Southeastern University (Ft.Lauderdale campus) (12/18)

Acceptances: University of St. Augustine (12/19), NOVA Southeastern University (2/25)

Glad to announce that I'll be attending NOVA Southeastern University!

Reactions: 1 user
Update:
Waitlisted at UF
Accepted to Gannon off the waitlist Friday
Accepted to UNF off waitlist Monday

I was just accepted off USF's waitlist. For anyone out there waiting, there's still hope!

Congrats!!! Which school are you leaning towards?

I'm definitely leaning toward USF. Gannon is $144k for 3 years vs USF at $66k. I can't justify paying twice as much for my education like that, even though the faculty at Gannon seemed more student-centric

Nice good job ! Do mind sharing your stats ?
They're on the first page of this thread.

As an update, I was also just accepted to Nova Southeastern Tampa but will not be accepting the offer. I hope someone who is still waiting can get some good news out of this!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I wanted to reach out to anyone who is willing to share their experience attending the DPT program at UF. The reputation of the school can be intimidating and I wanted a clearer look into what it looks like to be a part of this program. What is the day in the life of a UF DPT student? Truly what concerns me is the academic aspect---I want to know if I am attending a school that I will succeed in. I'd appreciate anyone reaching out to calm my nerves. Thank you!

Congrats on UCF interview! Have you heard anything from UNF? They were supposed to send out interview selections yesterday... Also, did you receive an invitation to UF's visit day?

Update: Heard from UNF - selected for an interview!
I have applied to alot of these schools this year. I was invited to the UF's visit day and am a little confused by the purpose of it since some of my friends who applied as well were not invited to it. Do you mind filling me in what it is for and if it is any indication if I will be accepted there?

College: University of St. Augustine
Major: English Lit
GPA: 3.6
GRE: 302, 4.5
Received an interview

Hi! I was wondering if anyone has head about interviews/acceptances? I was accepted to FGCU, but haven't heard anything from UF (my dream school), USF or UNF. I also get in-state to South Alabama, but haven't heard anything from them either. Thanks!

Forgot to update that I got accepted into the University of St. Augustine, and I will be attending.

I heard from UF on the 23rd of Dec but am passing up my seat. Best of luck guys!

Has any one applied to or heard anything from Adventist health in Orlando?

Anyone still waiting to hear back from NOVA-FTL?

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if UF has filled its class yet? I’ve yet to receive any news from them.

Has anyone interviewed at UNF before? If so, what was the experience like? The email made it seem really casual.

FGCU: accepted in November, deposit required
UNF: declined interview offer for Feb. 22nd
USF: waitlisted, offer made 3 days later (2 days ago), no deposit
UF: accepted (today), no deposit
St. Augustine: declined interview for Feb. 7
Harding: accepted in November, deposit required
South Alabama: currently waitlisted (1st tier)
UAB: interviewed, supposed to know by end of Feb.

I declined FGCU & USF for UF!
Hope this helps anyone :)

Congrats!! Pertaining to UF, when did you apply and did you send any type of follow up letter of interest since applying? I’m still waiting to hear back. But I sent my app about half an hour before the deadline lol

If you have time, what are your "stats" like?
Thank you!

I passed on my spot to Miami, I hope it helps someone out!

I believe that they do go pretty deep on their wait list, and that they fill up seats as late as mid April!

I just received an interview invitation for Florida Southern College on March 21st. Has anyone else heard information from them regarding an interview recently or have any information on their interview process?

I just received an interview invitation for Florida Southern College on March 21st. Has anyone else heard information from them regarding an interview recently or have any information on their interview process?
I have an interview on April 4th and in the follow up email that I received today it said to look out for further information next week.

Forgot to update that I got accepted into the University of St. Augustine, and I will be attending.
Congrats! I got accepted into USA for Fall 2020 and I can't figure out how to make an account to submit my deposit. Do you have any advice?

Congrats! I got accepted into USA for Fall 2020 and I can't figure out how to make an account to submit my deposit. Do you have any advice?
They'll send you an email with all the necessary information. They'll have a link with instructors on how to do your deposit. In other words, you don't create one. It's created for you.

Passed up my spot for UF so good luck to all those on the waitlist!

They'll send you an email with all the necessary information. They'll have a link with instructors on how to do your deposit. In other words, you don't create one. It's created for you.
okay thanks so much! I thought that was the case but I got my acceptance a couple days ago and have yet to receive the follow up email, maybe i'll shoot them an email after tomorrow if I still don't get one :)

Hey, could anyone give me some insight about UF program? I just got accepted there today as an out of state student. Need to make a decision by the 12th of march?
A pros / cons list would be awesome!

NOVA Fort Lauderdale: Accepted (probably going)
Gannon University Ruskin: Accepted (not attending)
AIC: Accepted (not attending)
FIU: Interview (not attending)
UNF: Interview (not attending)
Belmont: Interview (not attending)
Brenau University: Interview (not attending)
UCF: Waitlisted 3rd tier
USF: Waitlisted
UF: Waitlisted
FAMU: haven't heard back yet

NOVA Fort Lauderdale: Accepted (probably going)
Gannon University Ruskin: Accepted (not attending)
AIC: Accepted (not attending)
FIU: Interview (not attending)
UNF: Interview (not attending)
Belmont: Interview (not attending)
Brenau University: Interview (not attending)
UCF: Waitlisted 3rd tier
USF: Waitlisted
UF: Waitlisted
FAMU: haven't heard back yet

Have you heard anything from FIU, or not yet? And if you did, how long did it take them to get back to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you heard anything from FIU, or not yet? And if you did, how long did it take them to get back to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually didn't attend the interview, but I heard from a friend who got accepted that they answered a few weeks after.

Undergraduate: University South Florida
Major: Public Health
Overall GPA: 3.69
Upper Level GPA: 3.84
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.6
GRE Scores: Q156, V148, AW4.5

Volunteer Hours: 100 outpatient, 50 inpatient (SNF), 14 traveling pediatric, 200 emergency room hours
LOR: 2 PT, 1 peer, and 1 professor
Extra-Curricular: n/a

Applied: UF, UNF, Nova-Tampa, USF,FGCU,UCF,Gannon
Acceptances: None
Interviews: Gannon (Oct 7), Nova-Tampa (Jan 22), UCF (Dec 12), UNF (Feb)
Rejections: None
Did you end up getting into UF, USF, UCF, or FGCU? I have similar stats and trying to see where I stand.

I'm accepted at NOVA Fort Lauderdale. Still waiting on decisions from St. Augustine and University of Puget Sound. NOVA's deadline for accepting their offer is Feb 1st. Hard to make a decision when you're wait listed at other schools.
You didn't have to put a deposit down at Nova 2 weeks after you were accepted?

Undergraduate: University of Alabama
Major: Biology
Minor: Art
Overall GPA: 3.52
GRE Scores: Q158, V162, AW4.0

Volunteer Hours: 185; mix of inpatient, outpatient (mix of neuro, ortho, peds)
LOR: 2 PT and 1 professor
Extra-Curricular: Tri-beta social media coordinator, AED, Pre PT society, ER volunteer, Dean's list (3 semesters)

Applied: FGCU, FIU, UCF, UF, UNF, Army Baylor
Applying To: Nova Southeastern
Acceptances: None
Interviews: UCF, UNF, FGCU
Rejections: Army Baylor
How did your interview with FGCU go? I have one next week