flinders response notification time

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marinaw

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! Quick question for anyone that is attending flinders or knows anything about their admissions process: I'm an international student and I had my interview a little less than two weeks ago. I heard that usually the flinders response time is almost immediate after interviews...should I start worrying or am I just being paranoid? I'd really appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Tony jusy got back from holidays on Monday so give a little time. Also the Early desicion acceptances have to confirm if they are coming or not, there deadline is probably approaching. Thirdly some of the internationals in our class did not find out until November, and they were interviewed during the May interviews, so do't worry yet.

Good luck

Thanks UofA man, I just got my acceptance email!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats, PM me if you have any Q's.

Congratulations on your acceptance marinaw ! I got my acceptance last night too ! Did you interview in Toronto ? Just wondering, cause i had mine in Toronto about a week ago and maybe we ran into each other !?!?

Thanks UofA man and ralan!!! But no ralan, I didn't interview in Toronto, I interviewed in London - congrats to you too by the way!!

London? Was it London, England or London, Ontario? Just curious. Thanks and congrats to you.

marinaw, ralan,

Congratulations on your acceptances!! I interviewed under the early decision program and received my acceptance a couple of months back. I remember how excited I was then and can imagine how happy you both are to receive the great news. Looking forward to meeting you all and U of A man in Adelaide!!

U of A man -> How is your first year? What are some of your perceptions about the program, the university and Adelaide?

Congratualtions everyone.
I graduated in December last year and found the course to be good.
Adelaide is a nice city, reasonably small but cheap. In my first week of med school i went swimming at the beach every day after class... Bring clothes for very hot weather but also fairly cold weather.
Congrats again!

I've applied late to Flinders and received an interview invite, but no follow up as of late.. we are to have a phone interview because Tony just back from the states and I missed his visit. Anyway.. any advice for the interview since it will be by telephone?

Thanks a bunch!

Congrats on your acceptances!!! :) I can't wait to be in your shoes! If you don't mind me asking, what were your GPAs and MCAT scores? And since you're already in, I hope you don't mind sharing your experience about the interview. Thanks!

Congrats on the acceptances everyone. I applied Early Decision and will be there next year as well. Since I'm just getting into the financial aid/housing/logistics angle of this, I was wondering if you'd be interested in starting an e-mail list to bounce ideas of each other, get to know each other in anticipation of next year. Any takers? Just e-mail me at [email protected] if so. Hope to talk to you soon!
Loki

MRT -> Undergrad GPA was 3.1, Grad GPA was 3.7 and MCAT was 30P. Good luck if you decide to apply!!

lokibjorn -> Just sent you an email to join your list. Great idea!

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been almost three weeks since my interview... with dead silence. Should I expect a rejection?

The interview, I thought, was pretty simple and straight-forward. Several problem solving scenarios, one of which you will need to design a lay-out for and explain it as you go along (by the way, I wouldn't have minded a couple of extra minutes for this.... :oops: ) The rest of the interview is a pretty smooth ride...more problem solving scenarios, a couple of questions on your personal qualities and life goals and the typical "why do you want to be a doctor?" type questions. Standard. For those of you that haven't had it yet I am confident you will do just fine in it. As for my GPA and MCAT, I went to Cornell University, had a 3.3 undergrad GPA and 30P in the MCAT. Good luck!!

PS:preMedAdAg: Keep your hopes up, admisssion processing can be long and tedious, it doesn't mean a negative answer is on the way. Best of luck!

London, England

RepeatApp said:
London? Was it London, England or London, Ontario? Just curious. Thanks and congrats to you.

marinaw said:
London, England

Thanks Marinaw.

To PreMedADAg, I say "No news is good news". The application process is long and unpredictable. Think of it like the Olympics, world champions slipped and fell, people not supposed to win won.

Don't worry if you haven't heard yet. It takes the Australian grads about 2 months to hear! I know of one girl who only found out she'd been accepted the week before starting because of late pull out. Keep your hopes up.

I finally hear this morning!!! Yay!!! They offered me an acceptance :)
Anyway, I have a lot of thinking to do. Anyone know about deferred status at Flinders? I'm now thinking that I won't have enough time to decide between an American School or Flinders.

I'm not sure if Flinders typically offers deferral but if you had a good reason, i.e. family they might be understanding. The only problem with waiting to see about a US school is that if you don't get in you have to wait a whole other year, but on the otherhand i understand it's easier to get a residency in the US if you've trained there. That said I know of one US citizen who studied at Flinders who has just started a residency at Yale so it's possible to get in to good schools with overseas training... And of course Adelaide is a nice quiet city with a cheap cost of living and it's nice and safe and the school has good clinical exposure..

Congratulations!!!
I'm not sure if Flinders typically offers deferral but if you had a good reason, i.e. family they might be understanding. The only problem with waiting to see about a US school is that if you don't get in you have to wait a whole other year, but on the otherhand i understand it's easier to get a residency in the US if you've trained there. That said I know of one US citizen who studied at Flinders who has just started a residency at Yale so it's possible to get in to good schools with overseas training... And of course Adelaide is a nice quiet city with a cheap cost of living and it's nice and safe and the school has good clinical exposure..

DrIng said:
Congratulations!!!

This will be tough.. I did ask before I applied if they have a deferral program.. which they do.. I don't have an excuse like family, I simply have to wait for american schools because the timing is different. I wouldn't mind waiting until Feb. 2005.. in fact I'd ben willing to apply again. I have an interview scheduled at my top US school on 9/24 so we'll see how that goes. I have until Oct. 30 to tell Flinder's my decision. I will call them next week

Hello everyone =)
I am an international student and am new to this forum. Congratulations on ur acceptances! =D I just got accepted to Flinders University last week after being on the waiting list! =D The wait seem like forever to me and am really happy and excited when i received the mail. Its really nice meeting you all here before next year..=D