First Day at PCO?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Abs1!? didn't you have your first day at PCO already?? How did it go. I'm already finishing my third week and the "stuff" is piling up! ;) Fill us in! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey cpw!

This is so weird, I just got my computer back TODAY and just got back online to check out this site and there was a message for me..cool! :cool:

PCO is great! I have only had 2 days of classes and I should prob be studying optics right now, but its early in the semester, right?.. :(

So far everyone is really nice and all the classes dont look toooo bad, although I had like 250 parts of the skull to memorize the first day. :eek: And Biochem tomorrow for the first time..yikes! :eek: And can you believe that we start with patient care next week already?! Crazy! This is gonna be a cool couple of years here...tiring, but cool.

How is life in Houston? Great, I hope!

BTW, Im expecting to get the mass listing of emails of students in my class anyday. Ill be sending them a joint email about this site, see if we can get some posters from PA. :cool:

Gotta run, but Ill be back now that Im online again. So much to do, so little time. See ya! :)

wow! you guys sure did jump right into anatomy huh? I'm so glad biochem was a pre-req here at UHCO.. no biochem for me!! Just tons more anatomy! We started off with histo (epithelia, cells, neuro, ANS, etc) but they rearranged out schedule to fit around the professor that had a triple bypass the week of orientation. (he just got back to work today) So, our schedule's been a little screwy, but it's working. We've already had all our anatomy lectures for the first block of exams. (a month from now) ahh!

Optics is starting to get dense. I have some problems I should be working on, but here I am. ;)

Life in Houston is good. It keeps raining and living at home again after seven years on my own is proving to be um.. interesting. But, I keep telling myself free rent is free rent.

I heard the AOSA meeting this year is in Philly. (at your school I think too!) Our school is sending a big contingent. Im not sure i'm going to have the money to go.. but I'm gonna try! The fundraisers they're gonna have aren't looking like they're going to raise all that much money. sigh!

well, i should head back to optics problems. We should start and optics thread in case we get stuck.. ask our other SDN'ers for help! ;) well, each other at least. I don't think med students take optics. :D :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Abs1!!! So how do you like it???

Here's PCO for me...the week of orientation was a blast...especially going out with a bunch of other "first years" and making new friends. Now 1 week of classes later, I'm starting to already feel the stress...especially in optics. Plus, the memorization of the skull and the super fast "intro" to biochem also takes a chunk out of my time.
So here's the big question Abs1...Which of the other 169 people are you???

Haha! Whats up MikeB!!!? I agree with your take on the first week! I was doing great for the first day or so, then optics and biochem got pretty intense pretty quickly! :eek: In fact, its Sat morning and Im gonna do some optics review probs any minute here......maybe. :cool:

For all I know, I could have met you already? Ive met a few Mikes, so its very possible. Im the dude in the back, usually one of the last to roll in during any given lecture. The name's Alex. Have I met you already? If not, who the heck are YOU?

Its this new curriculum, cpw. :eek:

Its nuts! :D

be back soon.