Financial Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atm14834

Reaction score
Hi and Happy Wednesday!

So I recently got accepted to an online masters program. It is kind of expensive, and a lot of people I have talked with said that it wouldn't be worth doing without funding. I don't think I will get much from the school. I was wondering if anyone knew of some funding options that are out there besides student loans for online students. I have been searching for jobs that offer tuition reimbursement; I still filled out the FAFSA for this year, and I have applied for a few smaller scholarships. I plan on using some student loans, but I don't want to fund the entire program with them, because I already have a good bit from undergrad.

Any thoughts/suggestions/comments/advice/etc. would be great!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think I have really heard of a masters being funded because typically only PhDs are funded. Since it's an online program, you likely aren't living close enough to campus where you could do a work study. My advice would be to find a part-time job and just balance the two. A lot of people take longer to complete their degree and work on the side. Otherwise, you will need to take out federal student aid.

At least the caveat to federal aid is that if you max out your Stafford loans, you can apply for GradPLUS, which are infinite.