Favorite CME conference?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hybrocure

There will come a payday
Reaction score
Which CME conferences have you guys been to that you really enjoyed and would do again?

I likely won’t do ACFAS unless they roll back into a fun city, I am curious what else is out there. I was thinking IFAF Las Vegas? Has anyone been to that one?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
ACFAS, Podiatry Institute, GTEF, WPFAS, IFAF, AOFAS, are really the only ones worth the trip IMO.

Pretty much all Acfas, GTEF and PI cities are fun in my estimation. I suppose it depends what you like to do.

I will be in ACFAS Tampa next year as I have fam near there.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ACFAS, Podiatry Institute, GTEF, WPFAS, IFAF, AOFAS, are really the only ones worth the trip IMO.

Pretty much all Acfas, GTEF and PI cities are fun in my estimation. I suppose it depends what you like to do.

I will be in ACFAS Tampa next year as I have fam near there.
I havent been to AOFAS but I feel like I need to.
Might actually learn something.
Usually go to ACFAS but I sit there and 90% of what they talk about ive already learned and I dont sit around reading journals all night every night.

Reactions: 3 users
The ones where you sign your name in the morning and then immediately leave to go enjoy your vacation.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Usually go to ACFAS but I sit there and 90% of what they talk about ive already learned and I dont sit around reading journals all night every night.

Are we allowed to go to AOFAS

Anyone been to the IFAF cruise ones? It looks amazing. ACFAS is pretty fun, but feels like the same lectures used year after year sometimes

The cruise ones look awesome always wanted to do it

Reactions: 1 user
The ones where you sign your name in the morning and then immediately leave to go enjoy your vacation.

So IFAF…

By the way, I like IFAF purely for the location and understanding that credits are to be given because you paid to be there and signed your name when asked. The lectures were nothing special.

Have fun wearing the cone of shame.

(They make you pay more as a DPM and also your badge is a different color is something like that it is very distinct vs the MDs)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes but they put a huge sign around your neck that says you’re just a podiatrist so everyone knows not to take you seriously or spend too much time interacting with you
Not gonna lie being a semi introvert this sounds pretty ideal.
Listen to some real research. Educate myself. No one talks to me.
Perfect.
Im going next year.

Not gonna lie being a semi introvert this sounds pretty ideal.
Listen to some real research. Educate myself. No one talks to me.
Perfect.
Im going next year.

Plus, the reps will ignore you completely

IFAF is good because they just give you the credits and decent locations. Each state seems to have their own random CME meetings annually which can be a good way to plan a vacation.

I bet AOFAS would have good stuff but wouldn't it be weird to financially support an organization that detests you and is actively working to hamper our public perception and credibility?

I bet AOFAS would have good stuff but wouldn't it be weird to financially support an organization that detests you and is actively working to hamper our public perception and credibility?
I'm sure they feel weird too.

I wish I had more to add to this thread, largely agree with the above. ACFAS regions used to have complications seminars, $50 for 8 CME creds. Residents would present cases that went wrong. I went one time and found it really interesting.

Of course none of these rise to the quality of the webinars put on by Lower Extremity Review

Yes, you can go to AOFAS as a Pod but they will charge us double the price, though 😑

I did an AOFAS MIs virtual conference during covid, was very interesting and some easy CME. Plus I didn’t have to wear the badge of shame in person, just virtually

I did an AOFAS MIs virtual conference during covid, was very interesting and some easy CME. Plus I didn’t have to wear the badge of shame in person, just virtually
This is the way.

AOFAS in person is good info and a good meeting, but it is expensive if you don't have a hospital CME allowance. They also tend to have mediocre locations. It's good to mix it up among the few quality F&A meetings, though. A lot of the meetings are kinda same/similar thinking and speakers over and over.

Personally I'd never support any organization that is actively working to put myself out of a job

Personally I'd never support any organization that is actively working to put myself out of a job

You ever seen those videos where people pay good money to get kicked in the nether region?

You ever seen those videos where people pay good money to get kicked in the nether region?
1687544850567.gif

• Haha