Fastest growing industry in america right now?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sozetone

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Marijuana.

Just saying.

time to think about EXIT strategies, efforts to extend your education, increase your knowledge, branch to other areas of pharmacy, get licensed in 50 states...etc. all futile at this point in my opinion. The industry is tanking as a whole. no matter what your ethical and moral principles are about marijuana/thc/cbd...etc. its booming man...and its money. Someone is going to sell it and everyone is going to use it. I see mushrooms coming down the pipe soon too. sounds crazy i know, but they are starting with decriminalizing shrooms in Denver, and JUST TODAY ALL hallucinogenics federal schedule 1 derived from plant sources IE: shrooms, Ibogaine, DMT, Mescaline....etc. all decriminalized in Oakland, CA....go read about it. I was shocked. they said it was to address the crisis of mental illness. I'm not sure how, but if there is money involved you can count me in! lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Marijuana is an interesting topic these days. Medical cannabis laws have passed in well over half of the states, and support is growing even in the more conservative minds. Support for legalization is growing due to popular opinion more than medical research. Anecdotal evidence of cannabis getting folks off of opioids seems to be the latest trend, coupled with a silly belief that CBD oil is a panacea. While some of the claims may be illogical, I'm glad that it is finally forcing the hand of government to ease restrictions on this plant and derived compounds. Medical research is finally starting to bloom in this area, with dozens of new cannabinoids being studied and many potential new medical benefits being discovered.

I have doubts about the long-term stability of a career in medical marijuana. There is a sweeping wave of recreational legalization, and our current system of dedicated medical marijuana dispensaries may go by the wayside. I can easily envison a system where people purchase cannabis flower, oils, extracts, edibles, etc. from a recreational dispensary, while FDA approved cannabis-derived medication becomes one more class of drugs dispensed from the pharmacy.

The law is moving slowly on this at a federal level, so there could be years or even decades of profits left in the medical marijuana industry. If I were to open a medical marijuana dispensary, I would take a close look at what happened in states that passed recreational laws to get a sense of what my options would be. With any luck, you could transition your store to that model and stay in business.

Reactions: 1 user
Marijuana is an interesting topic these days. Medical cannabis laws have passed in well over half of the states, and support is growing even in the more conservative minds. Support for legalization is growing due to popular opinion more than medical research. Anecdotal evidence of cannabis getting folks off of opioids seems to be the latest trend, coupled with a silly belief that CBD oil is a panacea. While some of the claims may be illogical, I'm glad that it is finally forcing the hand of government to ease restrictions on this plant and derived compounds. Medical research is finally starting to bloom in this area, with dozens of new cannabinoids being studied and many potential new medical benefits being discovered.

I have doubts about the long-term stability of a career in medical marijuana. There is a sweeping wave of recreational legalization, and our current system of dedicated medical marijuana dispensaries may go by the wayside. I can easily envison a system where people purchase cannabis flower, oils, extracts, edibles, etc. from a recreational dispensary, while FDA approved cannabis-derived medication becomes one more class of drugs dispensed from the pharmacy.

The law is moving slowly on this at a federal level, so there could be years or even decades of profits left in the medical marijuana industry. If I were to open a medical marijuana dispensary, I would take a close look at what happened in states that passed recreational laws to get a sense of what my options would be. With any luck, you could transition your store to that model and stay in business.

Ive been in colorado for 2 years now, researched the entire situation. It's much like you said. Marijuana is poor medicine with no solid backing. However, fact is, people like to get stoned. Period. And someone needs to sell them the product. It's great money no matter how you slice it. And its better than slamming your head into a brick wall over and over thinking pharmacy is going to somehow become great again. so get in while the getting is good.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Ive been in colorado for 2 years now, researched the entire situation. It's much like you said. Marijuana is poor medicine with no solid backing. However, fact is, people like to get stoned. Period. And someone needs to sell them the product. It's great money no matter how you slice it. And its better than slamming your head into a brick wall over and over thinking pharmacy is going to somehow become great again. so get in while the getting is good.

Exactly, It's not the best medicine, lets be real here....but people are buying it, and someone needs to sell it. My thoughts exactly. Im working on my MED license and trying to avoid "consultant companies" at this point.....they all are trying to scam people who dont know any better. One tried to offer me a "crash course" on opening a dispensary for only... $35,000.....lol. They tell you they will get you the license.....blah blah.... it can all be done on your own with some planning and hard work....no different than pharmacy.

Can we just change the job market sub forum to the sozetone forum?

We get a new thread everyday from him.

Reactions: 2 users
People have become so inured to the opioid abuse epidemic that recreational marijuana is considered less dangerous by comparison.

Exactly, It's not the best medicine, lets be real here....but people are buying it, and someone needs to sell it. My thoughts exactly. Im working on my MED license and trying to avoid "consultant companies" at this point.....they all are trying to scam people who dont know any better. One tried to offer me a "crash course" on opening a dispensary for only... $35,000.....lol. They tell you they will get you the license.....blah blah.... it can all be done on your own with some planning and hard work....no different than pharmacy.

Why are you quoting and replying to your own post? Did you just forget to log in one of your clone accounts?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Really, I miss modest hahah. Modest make a new account called modest2

Why are you quoting and replying to your own post? Did you just forget to log in one of your clone accounts?

Jeez, Musta posted that a bit ago, maybe smoked a little too much that night....lol. It didnt look like my post for some reason.....maybe i ate too many mushrooms with dinner? thats a trip... no . no clone accounts here pal....

• Haha
One sub-sub-sub forum coming up!

You should make a sub forum out of this topic. Pharmacists are dying out there and this is an industry we can all share and break into. We need a way out of this corporate mess before they fire us or let us go anyway....Maybe the sub forum could simply be "pharmacy field exit strategies".....you would really get people talking and helping them start a new life with a future and possibilities. It may even deter pre-pharms from ruining their lives at the same time...this would really be good for everyone. It does not have to be focused on marijuana at all, but simply sharing ideas for struggling pharmacists to get into something stable.....lets face it, we cant ignore the problem exists forever...so why not just put it out there for everyone to discuss?

Jeez, Musta posted that a bit ago, maybe smoked a little too much that night....lol. It didnt look like my post for some reason.....maybe i ate too many mushrooms with dinner? thats a trip... no . no clone accounts here pal....

Hahaha that is the funniest post ever!

I remember seeing a documentary that involved cluster headaches, Its pretty sad to see the pain but apparently psilocybin from mushrooms actually relieved a lot of the pain. very interesting.

ahhh whatever works for people. IF it's legal and your OWN business, take the chance and go for it. Pharmacy is a dead end.