FAMU Pharmacy school CLASS 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How do you know? I called the Student service office, and she said to hang on there because there is no letter is being sent yet. I think I called last Friday, few days ago.

They started sending transfer letters today.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!
I’m super late to the thread since I was waiting for approval. However, I just had my interview on the 8th and I wanted to tell you all that I was told we should know something by Friday or sooner. Congrats to everyone that has gotten accepted! Hopefully I get accepted as well.

Trust me when I tell you, you don’t want to come to FAMU pharmacy. Nothing I regret more !! Try to go somewhere else!

Hello everyone. Glad I found this thread! I just check my email and I got my acceptance to the Crestview Campus! I’m a transfer student from Albany State University
I am going there too. We will be class mates. Congratulations

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I will do the best I can to make sure that I succeed. Thank you for your input.
Have ou recieved anythin
I am going there too. We will be class mates. Congratulations
I got my acceptance letter today as well! We will be class mates y'all! Congratulation to everyone. I faxed my aknowledgment letter today and submitted it. Tomorrow I will call and see how they want us to send the deposit. Any luck on sending the deposit?

Any one paid the deposit yet? If you did, who did you call? I called a number for the student services for the college and no one picked up so I assumed they left for the day. Let us know how you did it if you completed the deposit process pleaseee! Congrats ya'll

Any one paid the deposit yet? If you did, who did you call? I called a number for the student services for the college and no one picked up so I assumed they left for the day. Let us know how you did it if you completed the deposit process pleaseee! Congrats ya'll
Congratulations on your acceptance! I faxed and submitted my paper today. I will be calling tomorrow to ask about the deposit. It says to call the Undergraduate Admissions Office (850) 599-3796

Congratulations to all that got accepted. I don’t want to be redundant on this thread but i just really want you guys to have some in sight before making a huge decision. This school is a complete mess. I know no school is perfect,but what We’ve experienced here at this school is ridiculous. The NAPLEX scores are extremely low and the professors are rude, arrogant, and intentionally trying to fail us. Currently, we are all at jeopardy of being held back a year, even the students who are top 20% of the class. Only 13 students of 140+ are passing. They’ve implemented a new ciriculum and it’s terrible, and the professors are terrible as well and that’s why the NAPLEX score are so low. We complain ALL DAY LONG. We explain our problems and frustrations but they simply don’t care. We have professors walking out on us in the middle of class, not giving us access to power points, quizzes everyday etc. Don’t expect to learn anything because they rush to teach you everything, and barely have time to answer questions. Please save your money and time because this famu pharmacy program is not worth it!! We have students that have been hospitalized because of how terribly the school is ran. Professors can do whatever they want Enrollment is so low they had to extend the enrollment deadline. If I can offer you guys any advice, it would be to apply somewhere else. Even if you have to wait a year, it’s better than going to a school that treats you crap. The stress and hopeless is not worth it. You’re going to have to stay up and pull all nighters for pharmacy school anyway. You might as well do it for a school that, at the very least, has good NAPLEX scores but this school, it’s not worth it

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations to all that got accepted. I don’t want to be redundant on this thread but i just really want you guys to have some in sight before making a huge decision. This school is a complete mess. I know no school is perfect,but what We’ve experienced here at this school is ridiculous. The NAPLEX scores are extremely low and the professors are rude, arrogant, and intentionally trying to fail us. Currently, we are all at jeopardy of being held back a year, even the students who are top 20% of the class. Only 13 students of 140+ are passing. They’ve implemented a new ciriculum and it’s terrible, and the professors are terrible as well and that’s why the NAPLEX score are so low. We complain ALL DAY LONG. We explain our problems and frustrations but they simply don’t care. We have professors walking out on us in the middle of class, not giving us access to power points, quizzes everyday etc. Don’t expect to learn anything because they rush to teach you everything, and barely have time to answer questions. Please save your money and time because this famu pharmacy program is not worth it!! We have students that have been hospitalized because of how terribly the school is ran. Professors can do whatever they want Enrollment is so low they had to extend the enrollment deadline. If I can offer you guys any advice, it would be to apply somewhere else. Even if you have to wait a year, it’s better than going to a school that treats you crap. The stress and hopeless is not worth it. You’re going to have to stay up and pull all nighters for pharmacy school anyway. You might as well do it for a school that, at the very least, has good NAPLEX scores but this school, it’s not worth it
Thank you for the detailed explanation, I think that helps me to understand where you’re coming from. That sucks and I’m sorry that this has happened to you all, why did the change the curriculum? I know a lot of people that graduated from FAMU pharmacy and they never complained about this, so why did they change the curriculum so drastically?

Nothing has been uploaded yet in order to make the payment. Give it a couple days.

Thank you for the detailed explanation, I think that helps me to understand where you’re coming from. That sucks and I’m sorry that this has happened to you all, why did the change the curriculum? I know a lot of people that graduated from FAMU pharmacy and they never complained about this, so why did they change the curriculum so drastically?

I have no idea. I heard the Naplex scores were really low, and they had to submit something to the ACPE so they threw something together and now we are suffering. I had a lot of people tell me how great the program was too but they all graduated 6+ years ago. They’ve had 2 new dean since and the program is just not the same at all.

Hello pharmd1202, thank you for your advice! which campus do you attend? Crestview or Tallahassee?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations on your acceptance! I faxed and submitted my paper today. I will be calling tomorrow to ask about the deposit. It says to call the Undergraduate Admissions Office (850) 599-3796
Did you get an answer on how to pay it? They told me either through Irattler online payment or send it by mail. What did they tell you?

Did you get an answer on how to pay it? They told me either through Irattler online payment or send it by mail. What did they tell you?
Someone told me to look on campus finances on irattler, but when I looked, it wasn’t there. She sent me to another line, but they were taking way too long to answer.

Once you sign in the Irattler account go to iRattler Campus Solutions from then click on you application status, then on top left see self services click that, then student center will be on top page left side. Once there you will see second paragraph make payment. However the payment are not posted yet. But this is the way to access the online payment

Reactions: 1 users
Once you sign in the Irattler account go to iRattler Campus Solutions from then click on you application status, then on top left see self services click that, then student center will be on top page left side. Once there you will see second paragraph make payment. However the payment are not posted yet. But this is the way to access the online payment
Great! Thank you so much!!

I have no idea. I heard the Naplex scores were really low, and they had to submit something to the ACPE so they threw something together and now we are suffering. I had a lot of people tell me how great the program was too but they all graduated 6+ years ago. They’ve had 2 new dean since and the program is just not the same at all.
Hello,
I actually heard the same from an alumni of the 2014 class. I have heard nothing positive. The cost of tuition is what peaked my interest. I hope things get better and you are not held back for another year. I wish you well and remember a PharmD is a PharmD no matter the school. Thank you for taking the time to provide such details. I hear/feel your pain, and I am so sorry that you are going through such turmoil.

Any updates for anyone? Signed up for orientation? Looking for housing?
The only orientation we need to worry about is the Aug 23th one for College of Pharmacy. We do not need to go at FAMU orientation week.

Any updates for anyone? Signed up for orientation? Looking for housing?
I found a house that will be moving mid August. I have done my background check and applied for my Intern license. I still need to do my drug screening which I am scheduled for tomorrow. The only thing left is to attend the orientation and provide my official transcript to the office. How about ya'll? Are you good to go with everything?

I found a house that will be moving mid August. I have done my background check and applied for my Intern license. I still need to do my drug screening which I am scheduled for tomorrow. The only thing left is to attend the orientation and provide my official transcript to the office. How about ya'll? Are you good to go with everything?
Yes, I just finished everything yesterday! Just waiting on orientation. It says we are having a calculations review, do you think we will be taking a test during orientation?

I too got accepted to Crestview campus as a transfer student from University of Nebraska! Super excited to start classes, nervous about orientation. It’s a big campus, and I’m worried about parking. Anyone have any insight?

Thank you for the details...I wanted to know if Crestview is having a better experience? Also, how are things at this time?

Is anyone currently applying? Is there a new thread?