fairfax hospital transitional

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

country belle

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know anything 'bout Fairfax Hospital transitonal program sponsored by Georgetown. Much Love.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by country belle
Does anybody know anything 'bout Fairfax Hospital transitonal program sponsored by Georgetown. Much Love.

Hi there,
The Inova Fairfax Transitional Program is about the best transitional year in the country. Hopkins Anesthesia program even encourages its applicants to apply to this program because of the outstanding teaching. The faculty is young, smart and very resident oriented. They will also sign off on any elective that you might want to do. One of my buddies who is not doing Anesthesia at Mayo Clinic did an elective in "Dive Medicine" in Australia and got it approved. He was very high on his experience with this residency program.

When I was a third-year medical student, I did my Internal Medicine Rotation at Inova Fairfax. The interns from the Transitional Program were far and away higher performers than the interns from other medicine programs rotating through Inova Fairfax.

I have heard that this program is also very competitive in that it is pushed by so many programs like Opthomology, Derm and Anesthesia. It's a very popular program and from what I have observed and heard, it is a very good transitional program with good experiences.

njbmd:)

I never rotated in the DC area but am from there, and was a patient at Fairfax Hospital. One of the better hospitals in the nation, great attendings, great reputation. Located right off the Beltway so commute is attainable from any of the DC suburbs. DC is also a great place to live, I plan on going back there when I am done with residency. I wouldn't hesitate to go there for an internship.

Q, DO