Failed ADEX please help...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted606640

Hi all,

I am a fourth year student about to graduate. I challenged ADEX July 2020 and failed prosth. I retook the exam again in October and found out they failed me for prosth again. Since then, I retook the prosth portion AGAIN for the third time. I thought I killed it; I stayed for the entire time checking and triple checking. A few days later, I took the restorative and perio portion and passed.. sadly for me, I just found out I failed the prosth for the third time. Any advice on what I should do? Do I have to retake ALL portions or can i just redo the endo/prosth again? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I feel very lost and confused. Especially since graduation is around the corner...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to take all sections again.

I know it feels really discouraging and overwhelming at the moment, but in reality its not a huge deal. If its makes you feel better, I practice complex dentistry, have never had an issue, and I've struggled with adex. The exam is not a huge indicator of your ability as a dentist but your ability to follow instructions and play the game.

Are you comfortable sharing the reasons you failed? Could help from there.

Reactions: 1 user
If you need to take the whole exam again, would you consider switching agencies? I took CRDTS in 2018, failed sections a few times, then decided to completely switch to WREB this year and passed on first attempt, no onsite retakes needed either.
I thought the exam was very fair and all the criteria for Prosth were very vague so it gave a lot of room for interpretation.

Reactions: 1 users