FAFSA Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jenmjfan

Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but I was confused about how FAFSA works and thought I was unable to submit the form until I was accepted to an MD school. I am currently on the waitlist for a school and now knowing I can submit the form before actually being accepted, I am trying to submit it. Am I screwed.... will I still be able to get a loan and aid... Sorry I am from Canada (but am now a US permanent resident) so very unfamiliar with all of this! Additionally, should I add the school to my list even if I am on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

This may be a stupid question but I was confused about how FAFSA works and thought I was unable to submit the form until I was accepted to an MD school. I am currently on the waitlist for a school and now knowing I can submit the form before actually being accepted, I am trying to submit it. Am I screwed.... will I still be able to get a loan and aid... Sorry I am from Canada (but am now a US permanent resident) so very unfamiliar with all of this! Additionally, should I add the school to my list even if I am on the waitlist?
You can go ahead and add schools you are on the WL for.
Financial aid office is unlikely to act on it unless you are accepted, but at least they have it ready in their office just in case!