Extra LOR after application is "complete"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yogidoc19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted a few secondaries already but just had another DO letter uploaded to AACOMAS (yay!)

Does anyone know if I am "complete" at a few schools already will they be sent this letter by AACOMAS as an update or do I need to contact them all to let them know of the additional letter?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. You need to let them know that a new LOR is in. However, whether that LOR will be added to your file (assuming it's not for a requirement) is up to the school to decide. Some schools aren't receptive of new LORs after application is complete.

Yes. You need to let them know that a new LOR is in. However, whether that LOR will be added to your file (assuming it's not for a requirement) is up to the school to decide. Some schools aren't receptive of new LORs after application is complete.

Got it, thanks so much! Yes, I understand some may not look at it but it's worth the shot.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Got it, thanks so much! Yes, I understand some may not look at it but it's worth the shot.
Hi Yogidoc19,

Have you had any issues with programs accepting your new LOR after your app is complete? Thank you in advance.

Hi Yogidoc19,

Have you had any issues with programs accepting your new LOR after your app is complete? Thank you in advance.

Nope! Both of the programs I emailed said it had been automatically sent to them by the application service so I didn't really have to email them but wanted to be safe.