Experiences with UHS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B52slinger

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Considering taking a UHS inpatient psychiatry job, wondering if anyone has any experiences with this kind of role.
My DMs are open as well if you would prefer to DM.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Had one awful experience in residency while moonlighting. Interviewed at another and they seemed to have some seeming high quality docs who spoken highly of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Had one awful experience in residency while moonlighting. Interviewed at another and they seemed to have some seeming high quality docs who spoken highly of it.
what was awful about it if you don't mind sharing? (also open to DMs)

Coming in on a Saturday morning and having 12 new patients to see and another 30 follow-ups. And knowing admin wasn't going to slow down admissions throughout the day.

UHS is fine as long as you have no qualms about seeing 50 patients in a day while getting paid below the market rate for 15 patients per day.

Reactions: 3 users
It's a for-profit corporate juggernaut apparatus with some variability based on the local CEO. Many take public aid so they are providing a needed service. One of our docs used to see 50+ IPs a day and they actually had to throttle her down despite it helping the bottom line related to liability concerns. If you are looking to crash through patients in 5 minutes and get out to a second job to clear 600k or golf most days, it likely can support that lifestyle.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm just not sure if they have any facilities that aren't a slog. Mixing for profit with involuntary treatment is just...messy as heck. There are so many other places looking for inpatient MDs!! I'm sure they do help people, but it's not for me and I have moonlit at one. They are everywhere. I'd honestly work in a county or correctional psych unit first. At least there I'd know that finances weren't the guiding principle. Of course I'm also opposed to 1099 work in general. W2 for life!

Status
Not open for further replies.