ER Techs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medicalman

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I had a year off before starting medical school.

in that year i worked in a position that some call an operating room technician (an OR tech)

most people in that position are called orderlies or wardsmen.. though there are also anaesthetic (aussie spelling) technicians as well - best to check with the hospitals

if you're after a job in the ER while you're here, you probably won't have much trouble getting a job like that - your responsibilities tho, i'm not sure about that!

What is the necessary training for an O.R. Tech?

Last edited:
well, my hotmail is screwed, and i can't access other email on this computer (a firend's) so i'll tell you on here

basically, all of the training occurs 'on the job' ie they had a training program incorporated into the job (they had a program that i needed to fulfil --> a list of tasks and skills i needed to master)

if you've had experience, i'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for you to get a position, and from there, they'll train you while you're working (you will be paid to train)