Entered wrong hours on AMCAS activities section??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fouracle

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Advice on what I should do? I know I can no longer edit this on AMCAS since I've already been transmitted, but would it be advisable to tell the schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Tell them before they find out

How many hours do you currently have? If it's enough, then you could use this summers hours as an update later in the process.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think general wisdom here is that if you didn't put enough, send them an update along with your summer hours (like someone said)

If you put too much, if it's extremely off (ie many hundreds to thousands off, maybe you added an extra 0) then send them an update. If it's like 50 hrs off then just stay silent and don't expose your mistakes

How many hours do you currently have? If it's enough, then you could use this summers hours as an update later in the process.

Around 600. So do I just email the schools saying that I need to update my application with additional research hours I accumulated this summer? Do I need to wait until later?

i would wait to have additional items to update

What do you mean by additional items? I'm not sure that I'll have any more updates further down the line (publications, etc).

Took any classes in summer?
Worked a job?
Did research?
Start a new term?

What ru doing this summer?

Continuing the aforementioned research. I marked the dates on my AMCAS but neglected to factor in the hours from this summer...