ENT and Step II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dem4t

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently an MSIII hashing out my 4th year schedule and thinking about taking step II around late Dec/Jan. I have some flexibility in my schedule and can take it earlier if needbe. I'm happy with my step I score and don't think I need to necessarily take step II early to make up for a borderline step I score. With regard specifically to ENT, when is the best time to take step II? How significant of a role does it play in the residency application/interview process? Are there programs that "require" step II scores prior to offering interviews? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

I took step 2 at the end of december and I did not have any problems getting interviews. I had a few interviewers ask if I had taken it, but no one really cared that much about it as long as you have a strong step 1 score.

No programs require a step II score. Taking it in Jan is no prob. Remember how to study for the boards: 2 months for step I, two days for step II, two #2 pencils for step III. I am not kidding.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input. I have been wondering the very same thing.

TheThroat said:
Remember how to study for the boards: 2 months for step I, two days for step II, two #2 pencils for step III. I am not kidding.

oh that is classic!
I will definitely be remembering this sage remark.