English AP Credit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chacothefish

Reaction score
Hi everyone! So I am very grateful to be accepted into one of my top programs this year. I was accepted back in October 2023. That being said, when I was applying to this school, I called them and asked if my AP English exam that I received 3 credits for ENGL 1013 (Composition I) would suffice as 3 hours of the 6 total hour pre-requisite requirements. They said yes it should, but now looking back on it, I'm not confident that I was speaking to someone on admissions, it sounded like a student. However, those 3 hours were verified by AACOMAS already as 3 credit hours on my application, and I was already accepted. So I guess my question is, would the school accept me if they thought I was missing 3 credits? Or would they accept me expecting me to take those 3 credit hours?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! So I am very grateful to be accepted into one of my top programs this year. I was accepted back in October 2023. That being said, when I was applying to this school, I called them and asked if my AP English exam that I received 3 credits for ENGL 1013 (Composition I) would suffice as 3 hours of the 6 total hour pre-requisite requirements. They said yes it should, but now looking back on it, I'm not confident that I was speaking to someone on admissions, it sounded like a student. However, those 3 hours were verified by AACOMAS already as 3 credit hours on my application, and I was already accepted. So I guess my question is, would the school accept me if they thought I was missing 3 credits? Or would they accept me expecting me to take those 3 credit hours?
Ask the school. Get the answer in writing/email/documented.

Reactions: 1 users
Reaching out to the school via email would be the only way to definitively know. On a side note- some of my classmates found out the summer before OMS-1 they were missing English credits and were able to take an online course to satisfy the requirement.

Reactions: 1 user
Reaching out to the school via email would be the only way to definitively know. On a side note- some of my classmates found out the summer before OMS-1 they were missing English credits and were able to take an online course to satisfy the requirement.
Did they have AP credits that weren’t taken by the school? Or were they just missing a class of English? I have 6 credit hours (requirement number) including the 3 hours of Ap credit 😭