Endodontics Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EndoMb2

Reaction score
Hi guys, how are you? I’m new on the forum and i’m an italian dentist interested in Endodontics residency; do you know which are the best endo program in the USA? I’ve heard that it could be very difficult to get in an endo program for international dentist like me...Any more informations? Thank you all very much. The forum rocks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

They are all pretty good. Some suit certain individuals more than others however. Haven’t heard of any with a “bad reputation”. If you are interested in research just make sure you attend a program that puts focus on achieving a masters degree rather than just a certificate. I would ask around though and see what programs are more inclined to accept foreign trained dentist.

Thanks very much for your answer!i am searching a mainly clinical focused program; i’ve heard San Antonio, UPenn and Nyu are very good programs, where you practice a lot and complete ton of cases...San Antonio is considered one of the best program in the world but also one of the most competitive and hard to get into.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks very much for your answer!i am searching a mainly clinical focused program; i’ve heard San Antonio, UPenn and Nyu are very good programs, where you practice a lot and complete ton of cases...San Antonio is considered one of the best program in the world but also one of the most competitive and hard to get into.
Yea, most schools will require roughly 300 completed cases, so I wouldn’t focus your concerns around that. UPenn and NYU are good programs but both are around $75K a year just in tuition. That doesn’t even count living expenses or fees. Something to think about. San Antonio is one of the most recognized programs in the field because of their Program Chair, Dr. Hargreaves. He co-authors the Endodontic Text Book we all study and learn from and pioneers a lot of research. So yea, that’s why that program is highly thought of. Rightly so.

Reactions: 1 users
Any other schools? Tennessee? The tuition is cheaper and the department seems to be wonderful.

Any other schools? Tennessee? The tuition is cheaper and the department seems to be wonderful.
Yea, Tennessee is one of the few programs with no tuition, although they do have $10K-$20K of fees each year. For the past 5 or so years, yea, TN has been a great program because of the department personnel. However, they just parted ways with the the old chair/ director. So time will tell if it remains a strong program....

Last edited: