This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got my rejection email...bummer! I thought I was a good candidate (with medical and military experience and recent MPH) and I got some positive feedback after my interview. I know it is a very competitive process, but it’s hard when you are used to succeeding in life. Best of luck to everyone selected!!
Ditto the above. Rejection sucks. Don’t really feel like I got a fair trial, but it is what it is. Maybe I’ll reapply...

Members don't see this ad.

Is anyone planning to go to ID Week next week in SF? If so, we should all get drinks to celebrate! I am crossing my fingers for everyone still waiting. I, too, was so impressed by everyone I met and had an amazing time getting to know you all.

I'm not attending, but that sounds like a great idea for anyone who is. I agree-my favorite part of the interview process was meeting all the other candidates. I think that part of the interview experience got me even more excited about getting in. Can't wait to get started and work with everyone - it'll be time for the conference before we know it.

Reactions: 1 user
Waitlisted, here's hoping!

Anyone waitlisted prematching or know more about it? I am still confused by the process.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted, here's hoping!

Anyone waitlisted prematching or know more about it? I am still confused by the process.

I'm also waitlisted and wondering the same thing. It sounds to me we wait and see if enough of the accepted folks drop out or additional funding is secured to draw from the waitlist. I'm not very optimistic about this, however, because I can't imagine very many people would decline their acceptance after working so hard to get in. And even if additional funding were secured for more officers, Dr. Pevzner said they are intentionally keeping class sizes small to give EISOs more Epi-Aid opportunities. I was hoping they would give us our waitlist position number to get a sense of what our chances of being called up might be.

Sounds to me the more likely/probable route is to try and pre-match your way in. My question is if you elect to pre-match, does it effect your position on the waitlist and preclude you from being called up and invited to the general match (if a spot opens up)? If it doesn't, it seems that it wouldn't hurt to try and pre-match (if you like a pre-match position of course) while waiting for a general spot to open up for you....but I'm just guessing here. Maybe others may know more?

I was thinking the same thing. I’m probably going to reach out and directly ask them. I have a sense if you do prematch and are selected for a prematch place you will probably be locked in because I would imagine that’s sort of the catch of doing pre-match as there is a priority to get those spots filled.

I'm also waitlisted and wondering the same thing. It sounds to me we wait and see if enough of the accepted folks drop out or additional funding is secured to draw from the waitlist. I'm not very optimistic about this, however, because I can't imagine very many people would decline their acceptance after working so hard to get in. And even if additional funding were secured for more officers, Dr. Pevzner said they are intentionally keeping class sizes small to give EISOs more Epi-Aid opportunities. I was hoping they would give us our waitlist position number to get a sense of what our chances of being called up might be.

Sounds to me the more likely/probable route is to try and pre-match your way in. My question is if you elect to pre-match, does it effect your position on the waitlist and preclude you from being called up and invited to the general match (if a spot opens up)? If it doesn't, it seems that it wouldn't hurt to try and pre-match (if you like a pre-match position of course) while waiting for a general spot to open up for you....but I'm just guessing here. Maybe others may know more?
My understanding is that if you pre-match and you are not selected, you return to the waitlist status. However, if you pre-match and accept a pre-match position, it becomes final- you cannot change your mind and return to waitlist. You may consider pre-matching if you are interested in any of the pre-match assignments. I wish you the best of luck!

Well happy (pre)match day everyone who is matching! Hope your ranking decisions weren't as tortured as mine...there are just too many good positions!!

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back on pre-match positions! Hopefully they start announcing the selections soon!

Do any of the posters from the 2019 EIS thread have pointers for how to prep for the interview process?