Easiest way to meet ABPN Patient Safety requirement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Freddie Mercury

Bismillah! No, we will not let you go!
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I need to complete an ABPN "Patient Safety" activity for continuing certification. I did not do such an activity during residency (or at least a documented one that I can submit.) Anyone have leads on the easiest/cheapest way to get this done? All I can find is this:

But I would rather avoid spending the $74.50 if I could.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I've been hearing rumors that the alternative board for certifications recently won some lawsuits where insurance companies and hospitals need to acknowledge it as equivalent to ABMS certificates. I've not verified this, so consider this *rumor* level information. Could look into dropping ABPN and go for this alternative? Problem solved.

If ABPN ruffles my feathers enough, I'm going to explore this option.

Notice how, everyone is getting switched to the journal article pathway, but yet, we all still pay $175/year fee... What a racket.

Reactions: 1 user
I've been hearing rumors that the alternative board for certifications recently won some lawsuits where insurance companies and hospitals need to acknowledge it as equivalent to ABMS certificates. I've not verified this, so consider this *rumor* level information. Could look into dropping ABPN and go for this alternative? Problem solved.

If ABPN ruffles my feathers enough, I'm going to explore this option.

Notice how, everyone is getting switched to the journal article pathway, but yet, we all still pay $175/year fee... What a racket.
I'd love to go for an alternative pathway, but unfortunately my employer only accepts ABMS certificates at present. I'm in no rush to do this activity, but wanted to get it out of the way ASAP during some downtime.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I need to complete an ABPN "Patient Safety" activity for continuing certification. I did not do such an activity during residency (or at least a documented one that I can submit.) Anyone have leads on the easiest/cheapest way to get this done? All I can find is this:

But I would rather avoid spending the $74.50 if I could.

Thanks.
If your job does QI or M&M conferences a lot of these meet criteria for this requirement

I wish ABPN didn't have the monopoly they do...but I haven't seen anything to support any broad foundational changes, from courts or otherwise. The APA has worked hand in glove with them to maintain their monopoly.

Reactions: 1 user