Dr. Collins Quant Practice Tests

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TofuBlock

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm using Dr. Collins Quant package and while the review portion doesn't seem like enough review, I do see 9 practice tests being included, which is a plus to me. So how I study right now is by using google, youtube, old notes and etc to review and using Dr. Collins quant practice tests to do practice "timed" tests.

I just want to ask those who have taken the PCAT already, do you think Dr. Collins Quant practice tests are helpful? More precisely, are they close to the real PCAT Quant?

P.S I have Kaplan's book but I only use it for Bio. And I'm going to buy the Pearson ones later. Thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

I would say yes. I scored basically the same on each practice exam and the same on the actual PCAT (the amount of answers I got right, not my actual PR score.) There were a couple of questions though that were different from anything I had seen in those practice problems but if you have good general knowledge in math, you should be good to go.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi. Do you mind if I ask for your score? Like your percentile on your Quant :)? If not then that’s ok too hehe

And do you remember if you missed a lot of questions while doing Collins? I did the first one and missed 6. Is that good, so far?

Last edited:
Hi. Do you mind if I ask for your score? Like your percentile on your Quant :)? If not then that’s ok too hehe

And do you remember if you missed a lot of questions while doing Collins? I did the first one and missed 6. Is that good, so far?
I got 77 PR.
Yes, if you missed only 6 and continue to miss few like that in the other practice exams, you will be totally ready for the PCAT math.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I'm using Dr. Collins Quant package and while the review portion doesn't seem like enough review, I do see 9 practice tests being included, which is a plus to me. So how I study right now is by using google, youtube, old notes and etc to review and using Dr. Collins quant practice tests to do practice "timed" tests.

I just want to ask those who have taken the PCAT already, do you think Dr. Collins Quant practice tests are helpful? More precisely, are they close to the real PCAT Quant?

P.S I have Kaplan's book but I only use it for Bio. And I'm going to buy the Pearson ones later. Thanks :)
which dr Collins version did you use? I have the 2016 version and I will take my test in January, will the 2016 dr Collins be good? I also have Kaplan so should I use Kaplan only?

which dr Collins version did you use? I have the 2016 version and I will take my test in January, will the 2016 dr Collins be good? I also have Kaplan so should I use Kaplan only?

I used the 2018 collins. I took the PCAT back in September. I got 99 percentile.
I use Kaplan (the newest version) and Collins for bio. Collins for chem and a mix of collins, kaplan and pearson practice exam for math. I feel like Math from Collins and the Pearson practice exams are similar to the real PCAT.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi, What do you guys recommend for Math portion, esp stas, pre.calc and calc. I am using Kaplan but I never took stats and it doesn't seem to explain enough. Any videos or books?

Bro use Dr Collins, the material is straight forward. But focus more on the practice tests. So for quant section (or any other section), learn the materials and understand. DO THE PRACTICE TESTS OVER AND OVER AND GO OVER THE ANSWER KEY AND THEIR EXPLANATIONS OVER AND OVER. WHY I LAID SO MUCH EMPHASIS ON GOING OVER THE PRACTICE TESTS AND ANSWER KEYS IS THAT, THERE ARE LOT OF THINGS ON THE PRACTICE BUT NOT IN THE ACTUAL MATERIAL. FOLLOW THIS, IT HELPED ME DURING MY TIME

Hi, What do you guys recommend for Math

Reactions: 1 user