Technology Does medical software prevent progression or speed it up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Skibjork

Go Cougs!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK! Here's the debate. Does medical software assist physicians? I've heard... "doctors don't have to think anymore, it's all in front of them on the Web!" I see the point, but who here thinks there is too much information on the Web? Not me! And with all there is to soak in and remember to be the best!

I love the fact that we have access to accredited sites like www.arupconsult.com and www.epocrates.com that assist in providing better patient care.

Why would anyone turn down knowledge, especially difficult-to-remember stuff like drugs and up-to-date lab test possiblities.

Anyway, what do y'all think? Are these sites helpful, necessary, or does it prevent us from using the ol' noggin? Any other sites out there that should be recommended?

Members don't see this ad.

necessary... because you want to give the best care possible to your patient, you depend on evidences.... even a misplaced decimal point could cost a life.

So true! I don't see how more info can hurt or take away from the step-back-and-analyze aspect of diagnosis. You still use your brain, but this way you can use others' brains as well. Hmmm, why not!?