does an F in non-prerequisite course from an undergraduate institution that he attended make a difference if he got accepted?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kingJahad

Reaction score
asking for my cousin does an F from an undergraduate institution that he attended make a difference if he got accepted and paid his first deposit?

Here is some context to his situation. First semester of college was rough for him due to his financial situation and he got an F in precalculus. He then transferred to UMD college park where he retook the same course and got an A+. He got accepted to multiple dental schools, but would that F affect his acceptances in any way?

Precalc is not a prerequisite at any of the school he has been accepted to so far

My understanding is that the dental schools should be aware of the F on his transcripts since that get that in the application. Should he be worried?

Members don't see this ad.

asking for my cousin does an F from an undergraduate institution that he attended make a difference if he got accepted and paid his first deposit?

Here is some context to his situation. First semester of college was rough for him due to his financial situation and he got an F in precalculus. He then transferred to UMD college park where he retook the same course and got an A+. He got accepted to multiple dental schools, but would that F affect his acceptances in any way?

Precalc is not a prerequisite at any of the school he has been accepted to so far

My understanding is that the dental schools should be aware of the F on his transcripts since that get that in the application. Should he be worried?
so he got the final grade in december?

Members don't see this ad :)
The F he received is from 2018 fall and he retook that course at a different university in fall 2022

thank you
oh, i think he will be ok as long as he submitted that 2018 transcript to aadsas...

If he submitted all his transcripts, the admissions team saw this and still extended him interview and acceptance. He should be fine. So long as he submitted all his transcripts to begin with.

He submitted all his transcripts to AADSAS and they were verified. Thanks for the help everyone!

Reactions: 1 user