MD Do you get angry when missing a question on Uworld/Amboss?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Do you get angry when missing a question on Uworld/Amboss?

• Total voters

Paradise City

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Honestly, it wasn't this bad at the beginning of med school, M4 here. I never get upset or irritated when given verbal feedback on my clerkships or any other situation; however, answering questions on Uworld or Amboss and missing them can be extremely irritating, to the point that it's a bit absurd. It feels like my kryptonite is answering these damn questions and finding that I didn't read the question correctly, even though I read it slowly as possible, or get confused by the wording of the answer choices. For reference, I've passed everything with flying colors thus far, and I'm back into the grind w/ studying for Step 2 CK. It, unfortunately, has gotten to the point that I don't want to do questions anymore because it provokes a ton of anger in me; I'll still do them, of course -- but it's a pain.

Mainly asking this because I would like to know if anyone else has gone through this experience and how you managed to change your mentality behind it. I love it when I get a question right, and it's just hell when I get a few wrongs in a row. Tyvm!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I do sometimes, but mainly when it's a question I should've gotten but missed because I was speed reading or because it was one of those questions where they make a simple concept difficult by introducing a lot of extra and irrelevant information. This is especially true with Amboss. They definitely intentionally try their best to trick you on like every question lol

Only when it is a ridiculous question that has 18% correct, otherwise it is just for learning so no reason to get mad. Learn and move on.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly, it wasn't this bad at the beginning of med school, M4 here. I never get upset or irritated when given verbal feedback on my clerkships or any other situation; however, answering questions on Uworld or Amboss and missing them can be extremely irritating, to the point that it's a bit absurd. It feels like my kryptonite is answering these damn questions and finding that I didn't read the question correctly, even though I read it slowly as possible, or get confused by the wording of the answer choices. For reference, I've passed everything with flying colors thus far, and I'm back into the grind w/ studying for Step 2 CK. It, unfortunately, has gotten to the point that I don't want to do questions anymore because it provokes a ton of anger in me; I'll still do them, of course -- but it's a pain.

Mainly asking this because I would like to know if anyone else has gone through this experience and how you managed to change your mentality behind it. I love it when I get a question right, and it's just hell when I get a few wrongs in a row. Tyvm!
Give yourself negative feedback. If you get angry, do 20 push ups, clean your room, do the dishes, whatever. You’ll either learn to control your anger or you’ll get in shape and have a really clean place. Either way you’re winning so who cares.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Give yourself negative feedback. If you get angry, do 20 push ups, clean your room, do the dishes, whatever. You’ll either learn to control your anger or you’ll get in shape and have a really clean place. Either way you’re winning so who cares.
Honestly, not a bad plan

Reactions: 1 users
Completely unrelated to your advice, which I think is really clever, but I think this is called positive punishment lol