DO student looking to do Anesthesia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FlapJack

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am having a lot of trouble figuring out which programs would be a good fit for my competitiveness. I am a OMSIII attending a DO school in California. I am applying to GAS residencies this fall. Step1-233, Level1-570. Step/Level2-July. Working on one publication. I completed an Anesthesia rotation last fall, and have a letter from the attending. A couple of leadership and community service projects-pretty average. I would prefer to be at an academic institution, that exposes me to enough training for me to feel comfortable with most scenarios post training. Would prefer to stay in the western region of the US, but would not be opposed to moving further east for a bigger name and better training.

Thanks Guys!

Members don't see this ad.

This is a lazy post. Get on FREIDA, look up programs in places you want to live, see if they have DO on their resident roster. We aren't here to spoon-feed you. Your USMLE is solid, follow it up with a good performance on step 2

Reactions: 1 users
This is a lazy post. Get on FREIDA, look up programs in places you want to live, see if they have DO on their resident roster. We aren't here to spoon-feed you. Your USMLE is solid, follow it up with a good performance on step 2

Yeah there was literally a post titled "DO student WANTING to do anesthesia" like 5 threads up/down from this one.