BOTH DO student can you choose to submit eras without score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

as90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

So I took comlex 1 and 2 and passed.

I can take usmle step 2 before the end of the month. 50% chance will get less than 210.

I want to submit my eras before the end of this week. If I don't let them know I'm taking it. Can they figure it out? If I only report comlex.

I just want to know if I'm obligated to report a failing score on step 2ck after submitting my app if I did not report it on the initial app?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know how many interviews you would get as a DO without a step 2 Ck score in, its not like AOA students

I don't know how many interviews you would get as a DO without a step 2 Ck score in, its not like AOA students
This is specialty dependant. There are plenty of FM, Psych, Peds programs where there is no need for a USMLE score.

I'm interested in IM. Lets say if I don't do too good with interviews this season, could I take a USMLE step 2 & bolster my chances by sending it to programs as an "update". I studied my behind for COMLEX LEVEL 2 but got screwed over by this scoring change and did lower than level 1. My medical knowledge has improved drastically over the past year and its unfortunate that the NBOME feels they need to change numbers now. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering, I have received invites for interviews and if I were to take USMLE step 2 and receive scores late in the interview season, would I be able to send them manually?

On the flip side, if I failed, can programs ever see this? I didn't report USMLE on initial application. The only downside I see is that if I do fail it then I would have report it if I apply to fellowships 3-4 years down the line, correct? Or with the joint acrreditation, would this not be an issue? please advise

I've had no problems getting interviews with only comlex and I'm applying ob/gyn. I researched which acgme programs are ok with just comlex and have applied to over 50 programs.

I was wondering, I have received invites for interviews and if I were to take USMLE step 2 and receive scores late in the interview season, would I be able to send them manually?

On the flip side, if I failed, can programs ever see this? I didn't report USMLE on initial application. The only downside I see is that if I do fail it then I would have report it if I apply to fellowships 3-4 years down the line, correct? Or with the joint acrreditation, would this not be an issue? please advise

I don't understand why you would take the usmle 2 at this point. By the time you took it and scores came back, interview invites are going to be finished.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure you have to report all board scores or it's a violation. I'm sure you could contact eras to find out for sure though.

I don't understand why you would take the usmle 2 at this point. By the time you took it and scores came back, interview invites are going to be finished.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure you have to report all board scores or it's a violation. I'm sure you could contact eras to find out for sure though.

The reason I would take USMLE step 2 is that when scores come back (late november/december) there is a chance that I may get an interview invite for January.

Additionally, if I interview at some programs who are put off by my low COMLEX 2CE and my failing PE, maybe this can help balance things so to speak.

You are right though, that the benefit is not going to be huge in the long run. I guess part of me is just bitter about the $500 I wasted for the exam. I don't think its a violation though, because at the time of submission, I did not intend to take nor was I registered for a USMLE exam.

I guess part of it is just personal gratification.