DO school going online?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laddertomed

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone predict that everything will be online completely for our schools (Including OMM)? Trying to figure my living situation.

Members don't see this ad.

My class of 2024 is 100% online until further notice.

Many schools have mandatory labs for OMM, anatomy, and physical diagnosis but all other coursework is online. Reach out to current students or faculty and find out IMO.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone predict that everything will be online completely for our schools (Including OMM)? Trying to figure my living situation.
Lectures are mixed live online/pre-recorded. Clinical skills is in person same with OMM. I'm not complaining too bad. Just don't meet too many of my classmates.

Ah I see it sounds like OMM and other physical exam classes will still be in person, I am in a state where things are getting worse so I will see what the next few weeks will hold, it would be extremely unfortunate signing a lease and then everything going completely online.

Lectures are mixed live online/pre-recorded. Clinical skills is in person same with OMM. I'm not complaining too bad. Just don't meet too many of my classmates.
Lucky, my school is having all of OMM and clinical skill classes online.

We just finished our second week (feels like a month!). Online classes, in person labs with small groups, masks and social distancing. Option to come to lectures in person every 4th day (class is split into 4 groups of 40), but I just stream online using WebEx.

All our in person stuff is scheduled to be done by thanksgiving, so people can stay home if they want and finish the semester online.

I'm not sure if I can do OMM online tbh but with the current situation I feel like I would prefer it.

There will always be some schools that force you to be there in person.

Reactions: 1 users
Mine has OMM online for the first 2-3 weeks, after which some labs will be in person but not all. Physical diagnosis is totally online with the exception of one lab. It's a balance, but fortunately I'm in a state that has it under control.

Tons of schools are online now. Unfortunately, given the nature of the pandemic, schools are working almost day by day to come up with the best choice. Your safety comes first.

In an online curriculum, lab stuff will be more "show me how you do this" Some stuff that has to be done in person will simply be delayed into Spring or even summer.

I trust that your school will be giving you near daily updates.

my school is lectures online, opp/anatomy lab in person (but quadrupled the number of lab sessions so more social distancing). But they also gave us ppe, made us quarantine for 2 weeks, and mass tested everyone so i'm fine with it.

We're basically just pushing everything off until a later date. M1/M2 will likely have full day labs in the spring semester, and M3s are still waiting to take their OPP final from last semester.

But we've been told M1/M2 all online until Jan.

I enjoyed the in person small group OMM. Instructor literally helped find all the structures and follow prominent anatomical landmarks. helped with learning anatomy vs looking at pictures. Not sure if you’re in the right spot? He’d put your hands right on it and guide you. He did sanitize between every person though lol.