Do OBGYNs Typically Carry Condoms

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patel108

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I found condoms in spouse's backpack. My spouse is an OBGYN resident and I am not so I don't know if this is typical for residents or if he's hiding something from me. He says residents always have them on hand to give them to patients. It sounds very suspect to me. If there are any residents out there that can confirm this I would appreciate you letting me know if this is a common practice. Please spare me the jokes as I am pretty upset over this. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

How many? Any reason to not trust him? Its possible they were for handing out.

How many? Any reason to not trust him? Its possible they were for handing out.
Yes, I suppose it's possible. I think I can trust him but I am really not sure anymore. There were a few on the bottom of the bag and also one in his wallet.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the bag? Yes . But you don't usually share wallet condoms with patients. At least not sharing as in giving them away.

Reactions: 1 user
In the bag? Yes . But you don't usually share wallet condoms with patients. At least not sharing as in giving them away.
Let's give the guy the benefit of the doubt. It's not unusual to keep one condom in your wallet. I do it all the time though i am not a resident.

Yes, I suppose it's possible. I think I can trust him but I am really not sure anymore. There were a few on the bottom of the bag and also one in his wallet.

So basically, you went through his wallet because you don't trust him?

What's the expiration date on the one in the wallet?

I was going through an old bag while packing to a trip and found condoms I had tossed in there years ago and just never taken out. Close to (if not completely) expired at this point. That is, at least 3 years old if not 5.

Would my wife have been suspicious if she was the one going through the bag and found them? Probably not, given that she was the one I went on that trip with, but who knows? It's been so long, it looks suspicious.