Do Irish medical schools require interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DropkickMurphy

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm debating applying to a couple of Irish schools and I was just wondering if the process involved interviews like with American programs or whether it was more or less a "sight-unseen" review of records type of approach. Any help or advice on applying to these schools would be much appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

My understanding is that only the Royal college does an interview.

Praetorian said:
I'm debating applying to a couple of Irish schools and I was just wondering if the process involved interviews like with American programs or whether it was more or less a "sight-unseen" review of records type of approach. Any help or advice on applying to these schools would be much appreciated.

Hi Praetorian, sounds like we are at the same stage. Feel free to send me a PM to chat, and we can trade notes. I used to be an EMT! Are you interested in continuing in Emergency Medicine?

PS: tonights episode of House was awesome! I loved the final OR scene -- like a medical symphony. :) Great soundtrack.