Do I still have chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aaaaashleyyyyy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am applying this year cycle, currently just graduated from my university. I have seen a lot of posts about the chances topics, either with good GPA or tons of hours. Unfortunately, I have neither of the above. My situation is simple and complicated. I just immigrate to the US since 2016, and decide to go to veterinary school in 2017. I believe everyone knows how hard to find someplace to gain veterinary experience by ourselves, and wit the language barrier and maybe I'm not smart enough, I end up got a 3.11 GPA, and around 300 hours animal experience, both with veterinarian and without. Except Equine experience I don't have any, I have mostly small animal experience and few large animals and exotics. I do have some research experience. During the following year I decide to go to graduate school in Colorado State Univ, (not vet school but the Master Degree program in their vet school). I hope that will give me a backup plan if I keep being rejected in the future. But I do want to have a try this year. My lowest grade is C- in biochem, therefore before I retake biochem in the future, all the schools i can apply are accepting C- as the lowest grade, not a lot, but some.
This is all what I have for now, I'm posting to ask do I still have chances? Or is there anything I can do before I submit my application?
Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad.

Which schools are you applying to? Can you break things down for us in this format:

A short intro about you, where you are from, any previous application results, the school/s you are interested in, your current career interests.

Cumulative GPA:
science GPA:
last 45:

Any degrees achieved

GRE results:
Q/V/W

Veterinary Experience:
-
-
-

Animal Experience:
-
-
-

Research Experience:

Awards/scholarships:

-
-
-

Extracurriculars:
-
-
-

Employment:
-
-
-

Summarize any concerns you have

Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys, I am applying this year cycle, currently just graduated from my university. I have seen a lot of posts about the chances topics, either with good GPA or tons of hours. Unfortunately, I have neither of the above. My situation is simple and complicated. I just immigrate to the US since 2016, and decide to go to veterinary school in 2017. I believe everyone knows how hard to find someplace to gain veterinary experience by ourselves, and wit the language barrier and maybe I'm not smart enough, I end up got a 3.11 GPA, and around 300 hours animal experience, both with veterinarian and without. Except Equine experience I don't have any, I have mostly small animal experience and few large animals and exotics. I do have some research experience. During the following year I decide to go to graduate school in Colorado State Univ, (not vet school but the Master Degree program in their vet school). I hope that will give me a backup plan if I keep being rejected in the future. But I do want to have a try this year. My lowest grade is C- in biochem, therefore before I retake biochem in the future, all the schools i can apply are accepting C- as the lowest grade, not a lot, but some.
This is all what I have for now, I'm posting to ask do I still have chances? Or is there anything I can do before I submit my application?
Thank you very much!

It would be helpful to provide more details in the format listed above.

I applied with a GPA just a bit lower than yours. I was accepted to one school and rejected from many others. I'll be honest: it's going to be very difficult to have your application looked at with a low GPA. Please tell us more about your application so we can provide more detailed advice :)