Do I have any chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sweetsaphira

Reaction score
Hello, I am a 21 year old Quebec student and I have applied to my province's vet school and I was refused, and from the feedback they gave me I don't think I could ever get in! I have started a Biology Bachelor and I'm halfway done, but I would like to get into vet school before I finish it, if I can. Thus, I consider changing province or country and I was looking to get into the University of Prince Edward Island or maybe Massey University in New Zealand. I would like to know if you guys think I could get into either of these schools or if I should consider other schools instead, or even if I should let go of my dream of becoming a vet because I don't have the grades...
The thing to consider is that tuition is very cheap in my province compared to other places in the world and I would like to not be in too much debt if it's possible.
The plan I have so far is to go to PEI and become a resident, continue my Biology Bachelor over there and apply at the university over there and in Quebec again just in case.

Cumulative GPA: 3.585/4.3 scale
R score: 31.6 (this is from cegep, which is right after high school and that's where I did all my prerequisites for any science program in university)

GRE results: not done yet

Veterinary Experience:
- vet assistant for 1 year

Animal Experience:
- worked with horse for 10 years
  • horseback riding classes for 9 years
  • groom for ~200 hours
  • trail guide for 2 summers (~6 months)
- just started a job where I take care of research animals (rodents, rabbits, monkeys, cats)

Research Experience: none

I hope this is clear enough and thank you so much in advance for any insight you can give me!

Members don't see this ad.