Do Army dentists work weekends?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hertwigs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do Army (or other branches) dentists work weekends or have on-call? If so, does it vary with a hospital setting vs. a clinic setting vs. deployment?

Members don't see this ad.

Do Army (or other branches) dentists work weekends or have on-call? If so, does it vary with a hospital setting vs. a clinic setting vs. deployment?
In the Army - Excluding when you are on call (rotated among all the dentists where you are located), I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've had to come into the clinic on the weekend in 10.5 yrs.

Members don't see this ad :)
In the AF.... Only when you are on call (rotation shared with all the other dentists at a given location).

I have worked very few weekends due to being on call.

I've got called in once in 3 years, for an uncooperative, drunk CIVILIAN who chipped her tooth #8 or #9, with no pulpal involvment. There was no way in hell I was sticking my fingers in her mouth. The ER doc was adamant in playing dentist, showing me a textbook and insisting we have to cover the dentinal tubules. I gave her some vitrebond, and let her have at it, and went home.