DO Applications -- process for schools with multiple campuses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Determined2024

Reaction score
I am new to this but planning to apply to DO schools in the coming cycle. I am thus wondering how the process works for schools with multiple campuses/locations, e.g., Touro, P-COM, LE-COM, etc.
1. On the DO application do you choose the school group (e.g. "Touro") or do you have to select each Touro campus separately?
2. Are the secondaries separate and different for each campus or are they the same (and unified) regardless of the campus?
3. Is there one Ad-com for the whole group of campuses or a separate Ad-com for each campus?
4. If there's separate Ad-coms for each campus, how do they decide which campus gets to offer you an interview? Ditto regarding offering an A.
5. At some point do you get to choose or rank a particular campus over another?
Thanks for any insight from those who have been down this road before. Just trying to figure out the process so I can be prepared.

Members don't see this ad.

There is not a uniform practice.

A few things to do:
1) Check the school-specific threads. You may glean how each program with regional campuses handles applicants' preferences. Ask questions into the subforums.

2) Ask the admissions professionals. The director/dean of students or the VP of enrollment might be kind to give you the details to your questions. Ask now before you submit your application.

Usually there is one admissions team, but each campus will have an assistant director or dean of admissions, outreach, or community engagement. We're talking hierarchy, and this can vary widely. I'll guess that screening is generally centralized, but it could be coordinated among representatives from the regional sites. The rubrics will give windows so that a student can still be considered for a specific campus of their preference if it is requested/known. Zoom makes it easier to meet virtually. However, the distribution of offers will be kept under a central office.

I agree that it is widely variable but you will see once you are in the AACOMAS portal how to select the schools you are interested in.

To use 2 of the schools you mentioned as examples, all the LECOM branches go through one application EXCEPT LECOM Bradenton, which is handled separately.
Touro locations are applied to separately.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
There is not a uniform practice.

A few things to do:
1) Check the school-specific threads. You may glean how each program with regional campuses handles applicants' preferences. Ask questions into the subforums.

2) Ask the admissions professionals. The director/dean of students or the VP of enrollment might be kind to give you the details to your questions. Ask now before you submit your application.

Usually there is one admissions team, but each campus will have an assistant director or dean of admissions, outreach, or community engagement. We're talking hierarchy, and this can vary widely. I'll guess that screening is generally centralized, but it could be coordinated among representatives from the regional sites. The rubrics will give windows so that a student can still be considered for a specific campus of their preference if it is requested/known. Zoom makes it easier to meet virtually. However, the distribution of offers will be kept under a central office.
Thank you. I will take your advice and dig deeper into the subforums and ask the schools directly. I did check websites before asking here, hoping the schools would make this known in advance so students can give it some thought before the rush of applications.

Reactions: 1 user
I agree that it is widely variable but you will see once you are in the AACOMAS portal how to select the schools you are interested in.

To use 2 of the schools you mentioned as examples, all the LECOM branches go through one application EXCEPT LECOM Bradenton, which is handled separately.
Touro locations are applied to separately.
Thanks for the explanation!