Digital Camera?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

samiksha

Can you guys please tell me what are the minimum specifications for the digital camera which is used for the residency programs in Periodontology or Prosthodontics.
Is a 4megapixel good enough?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

samiksha said:
Can you guys please tell me what are the minimum specifications for the digital camera which is used for the residency programs in Periodontology or Prosthodontics.
Is a 4megapixel good enough?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot!

I think you would just have to ask the program. I can tell you that I have the 8.0 MP Canon Digital Rebel XT with a 100mm f/2.8 Macro Lens and a ring flash. This camera takes excellent pics but is very spendy ($1800-2000).

Periogod said:
I think you would just have to ask the program. I can tell you that I have the 8.0 MP Canon Digital Rebel XT with a 100mm f/2.8 Macro Lens and a ring flash. This camera takes excellent pics but is very spendy ($1800-2000).

Can you see the PDL fibers wave to you with this camera? How about the p.gingivalis colonies? All those little bacteria giving you the middle finger, boy that has to be a sight.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's like a scanning EM with a flash.

esclavo said:
Can you see the PDL fibers wave to you with this camera? How about the p.gingivalis colonies? All those little bacteria giving you the middle finger, boy that has to be a sight.

Jediwendell said:
It's like a scanning EM with a flash.
why do perio residencies even ask for a camera? to document all the crappy and ugly looking extra long teeth (ofcourse with shallow pockets :p )