DermRads

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am guessing that "electron beam therapy" is an administrator's error. Probably SRT or EBT.

Members don't see this ad :)
This job gets posted every couple of years, sketchy

This job gets posted every couple of years, sketchy
$700k guaranteed first year annual salary, 2nd year and beyond will be collection-based percentage of receipts.

My guess is, it's a LOW percentage.

Reactions: 1 user
Side gig of treating VD in the Villages may be highly renumerative, as well.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
I am guessing that "electron beam therapy" is an administrator's error. Probably SRT or EBT.
SRT would not require one of us.

Can't wait for an out of the basement episode about PE + Sensus + Dermatologists.

I review these cases. 77280 x every fraction. IGRT every fraction with US. And this is from guidance from the company.

Reactions: 1 users
Joining Welcome Home GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Ya that’s been post on and off for years. First time I recall seeing a salary quoted though. At $700k/year doesn’t seem like it would be hard to fill especially with late career types retiring to FL.

Can't wait for an out of the basement episode about PE + Sensus + Dermatologists.

I review these cases. 77280 x every fraction. IGRT every fraction with US. And this is from guidance from the company.

In Colorado at least, they were bold enough to go on the news and imply that the 77280 is being done by a radiation therapist without MD supervision. It seemed very sophisticated. She had an ultrasound probe in her hand and Im almost positive the cord was connected to a screen.

In Colorado at least, they were bold enough to go on the news and imply that the 77280 is being done by a radiation therapist without MD supervision. It seemed very sophisticated. She had an ultrasound probe in her hand and Im almost positive the cord was connected to a screen.
insurance companies are aware and are trying to resist

insurance companies are aware and are trying to resist
I always wonder about the benefit on this. Obviously, 77280 isn't a high-dollar charge, and while DermRads is definitely "a thing", it's not like you're finding a stripmall SRT setup cooking Grandma on every corner.

What does it cost even one carrier to combat the abuse, in terms of aggregate time and manpower?

Maybe I'm wrong and it would save the carriers a ton of money.

Reactions: 3 users
All in, even with daily igrt and 77280, it’s still cheaper than MV electrons, because you can’t charge 77427 with srt

• Hmm
All in, even with daily igrt and 77280, it’s still cheaper than MV electrons, because you can’t charge 77427 with srt
Doesn’t mean it’s right to do all that extra stuff. Just commenting on rates when you add up the whole case

A bit ridiculous that the rules were changed in 2015/2016 to disallow 77427, dosimetry, physics, devices, etc (although I get why it happened). A case where perhaps case rate payments make sense (treat with electron 30 fx, or SRT 15 fx with ultrasound/simple sim, whatever, get paid the same).

A case where if payers crack down too much on use of daily sim/IGRT, they may shoot themselves in the foot and drive to more expensive tx modalities for some patients (I bet Villages places would have bought SRT machine if they could consistently get payers to pay similar or even 20-25% less for SRT as with electrons)

My buddy is a Derm and gives XRT treatments 7 days a week.