Dermatopathology interviews 2025-2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

boomroasted

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Wanted to start this to keep track of which programs have sent out offers, currently interviewing, or are already full for the 2025-2026 academic year.

So far I know:
Michigan- full
UMass- full
SLU- full
Stanford- full
OHSU- full
South Florida- full

Arkansas- sending invites
UVA- sending invites

Members don't see this ad.

BIDMC and Dartmouth have also filled.
Wake forest sent out rejection emails so I would assume they also sent invites.
I got a couple invites at other places so there are a few places who started sending but I think the majority have not.
Good luck everyone!

BIDMC and Dartmouth have also filled.
Wake forest sent out rejection emails so I would assume they also sent invites.
I got a couple invites at other places so there are a few places who started sending but I think the majority have not.
Good luck everyone!
Thanks! Would you mind sharing where you’ve gotten invites? No worries if not :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been getting anxious over this but a lot of programs said they havent started invites

Indiana sending invites
NYU sending invites
UCLA sending rejections (assuming also invites)

Members don't see this ad :)
Is dermpath always this crazy? The anxiousness is killing me.

Are there any new updates?

Also, good luck to everyone in this process! Definitely stressful without the clear expectations of a match.

I’m like ten years out of derm training. How is the derm path job market at the moment?
Best I've ever seen in the past 10 years, only comparable to 2000-2004 market. But here is the rub: a dermatologist practicing bread and butter dermatology would still make more and work less than employed dermatopathologist. Why would you do WANT to do dermpath? What am I missing? I'm a path trained dermpath, so maybe the numbers are different for derm-trained dermatopathologists.

Best I've ever seen in the past 10 years, only comparable to 2000-2004 market. But here is the rub: a dermatologist practicing bread and butter dermatology would still make more and work less than employed dermatopathologist. Why would you do WANT to do dermpath? What am I missing? I'm a path trained dermpath, so maybe the numbers are different for derm-trained dermatopathologists.
Clinic can be an absolute pain

But are your numbers true? I’m not so sure. I think it boils down to your volume and the specific situation you are in. There is huge variation in incomes, from what I’m seeing.

Reactions: 1 user
Clinic can be an absolute pain

But are your numbers true? I’m not so sure. I think it boils down to your volume and the specific situation you are in. There is huge variation in incomes, from what I’m seeing.
This is absolutely the case. I've seen jobs offering 400k, and I've seen dermatopathologists who turn down 800k offers. YMMV. Exprience is the key. I still think these numbers pale to what a private-practice dermatologist can pull.

This is absolutely the case. I've seen jobs offering 400k, and I've seen dermatopathologists who turn down 800k offers. YMMV. Exprience is the key. I still think these numbers pale to what a private-practice dermatologist can pull.
If you look at the MGMA data it shows dermpath makes more than gen derm on average. Not the largest sample size but most people seem to trust MGMA.

Has anyone gotten an interview at Cedars? I didn’t get the rejection but haven’t gotten anything, wondering if I just messed up the app somehow

Very nervous for Monday. Did anyone ever hear from Baylor, Brown, Cleveland Clinic, or Emory?

As this silence slowly kills me, I figured I would make a list of all the programs that we could update...

Baylor
BIDMC- filled
Boston University
Brown*
Cedars-Sinai- filled
Cleveland Clinic*
Dartmouth- filled
Duke*
Emory
Geisinger*
Mount Sinai
Indiana University*