General Admissions & OTCAS Deposit Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OGB

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the rules for putting down more than one deposit?

I have lots of unknowns in my life at the moment and need a month or so to get a better idea of where I can/can not go. However, the schools are giving me only a couple weeks to put down a deposit...

Members don't see this ad.

What are the rules for putting down more than one deposit?

I have lots of unknowns in my life at the moment and need a month or so to get a better idea of where I can/can not go. However, the schools are giving me only a couple weeks to put down a deposit...
I don't think there are any rules per say. You put down a deposit to hold your seat but you can't get it back if you decide to go somewhere else. If you put it down and don't go you just need to let them know that you won't attend. A lot of ppl do that. It's expensive though.

So I just want to make sure of something. My friend applied to PT schools and apparently starting this Spring, programs can see if you have accepted an offer of admission already at another school. I checked the PT forum on here, and there was a story about a program contacting an applicant(who had accepted the offer with this program) telling the applicant that they know they have accepted an offer at another school and encouraged her to give up her seat to make room for people on the waitlist. Does anyone know if this the same for OTCAS now?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just want to make sure of something. My friend applied to PT schools and apparently starting this Spring, programs can see if you have accepted an offer of admission already at another school. I checked the PT forum on here, and there was a story about a program contacting an applicant(who had accepted the offer with this program) telling the applicant that they know they have accepted an offer at another school and encouraged her to give up her seat to make room for people on the waitlist. Does anyone know if this the same for OTCAS now?

I saw that on the pre-pt forum here as well and was wondering the same thing! Though apparently it was listed on the PTCAS website that they would do that, and I couldn't find anywhere saying that on OTCAS, which is hopefully a good sign

Man, I'm so glad I'm past that application process.

Shame on PTCAS for allowing this. Applying to grad school and making decisions about acceptances is already extremely difficult and stressful as it is; now they're allowing schools to view everything students are doing and put pressure on them to make a decision about offers? That should be illegal! Some programs start at different times of the year and it's hard to make those decisions without knowing what your options are first.